By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Monster Hunter: World trademarked in the U.S.

Capcom has filed a trademark for Monster Hunter: World in the United States.  

The trademark was also filed in Norway. Here is a link to that. Unfortunately, the U.S. trademark is not yet accessible on the linkable TMView website, but it is available by searching on USPTO.gov.

E3 2017 is next week. Could a new game announcement be on the way?

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/06/monster-hunter-world-trademarked-us#MgU2xOgJbasFmSiL.99

Around the Network

it will most likely be a Switch exclusive, but I would love it if it were on ps4 :C

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

greencactaur said:
it will most likely be a Switch exclusive, but I would love it if it were on ps4 :C

There has been a rumor going on for over a year now of Sony securing a MH game for PS4 and this trademark happens just days before E3... there might be a chance of that rumor being true, but as i have said before i will need to see it to believe it.

greencactaur said:

this game isn't a Switch Exclusive it's a different game from Monster Hunter XX most likely.

would Sony announce Monster Hunter coming back to Playstation at a non-Japanese centric event? i'm not so sure

Around the Network
estebxx said:
greencactaur said:

There has been a rumor going on for over a year now of Sony securing a MH game for PS4 and this trademark happens just days before E3... there might be a chance of that rumor being true, but as i have said before i will need to see it to believe it.

Which was debunked within hours, if Im not mistaken.

Anyways, even if this is true, its not happening anytime soon.They wont kill off potential MH XX Switch ver sales.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
estebxx said:

Anyways, even if this is true, its not happening anytime soon.They wont kill off potential MH XX Switch ver sales.

Hence why i said i will need to see it to believe it.

A return to PlayStation, a wide multiplatform release, a localization of their Chinese PC game, a mobile game, could be anything. Fingers crossed for something good, though.

I hope this brings improvements to the series. I feel like it can really benefit from having changes to the game

estebxx said:
Nautilus said:

Hence why i said i will need to see it to believe it.

But what if never happens, you will still be waiting to see eternally to believe it or not?

My point is, believeing in something is fine, as long as you know its a "dream".Baking into something that has been debunked and hiding behind its "rumor" logo to justify the possibility is just setting yourself up for dissapointment, to say the least.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1