By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Monster Hunter: World trademarked in the U.S.

Mar1217 said:
spemanig said:
This could just be the localized name for XX.

Could be but unlikely since it would just be easier to name it Ultimate Generations instead.

How would that be easier?

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

The rumor is this is the open world Monster Hunter game for PS4 AND XBox One/Scorpio. But if this is the title it kinda indicates that the "real" Monster Hunter 5 is for Switch. And again I'll reiterate that's the rumor take it for what you want. 

I thought that rumor was about Sony explicitly buying Monster Hunter *5*. Changing the title seems like it would practically defeat the purpose?

I'm hoping this is an international PS4 release for Frontier.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

the_dengle said:
Soundwave said:

The rumor is this is the open world Monster Hunter game for PS4 AND XBox One/Scorpio. But if this is the title it kinda indicates that the "real" Monster Hunter 5 is for Switch. And again I'll reiterate that's the rumor take it for what you want. 

I thought that rumor was about Sony explicitly buying Monster Hunter *5*. Changing the title seems like it would practically defeat the purpose?

Capcom may have pulled a fast one on Sony, lol. "No, no, no, we have to call it Monster Hunter World because it's open world". 

Interesting name. Perhaps it could be a spin off title?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

why everyone thinks this is a PS4 game? Makes no sense to me

Click HERE and be happy 

the_dengle said:
Soundwave said:

The story changes all the time.

While it is possible that this is the title for the localized Monster Hunter XX - especially considering the game would have to have a localized name - the easiest way is to have the name related to Generations somehow. The title does sound like it could connect, but most likely, this is a different title. We will find out in just a few days, I suppose.

There is no doubt in my mind that this is not Monster Hunter 5 as they tend to title the numbered games with numbers. Very exciting news so long as it is not a crappy mobile game or a turn based RPG.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

EricFabian said:

Because of an outstanding rumor claiming there is a new PS4 Monster Hunter coming out, and Monster Hunter XX is already announced for Switch and 3DS. It'd be ridiculous to announce another Switch or 3DS Monster Hunter.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Could my long term wish of a proper monster hunter coming to the ps4 be about to come true?

I know this won't be mega huge in Japan like it is on handhelds but it would shift a sizable number of ps4's for sure. And I think it would be really important in assisting ps4 to the 10m mark in Japan.

Azuren said:
EricFabian said:

Because of an outstanding rumor claiming there is a new PS4 Monster Hunter coming out, and Monster Hunter XX is already announced for Switch and 3DS. It'd be ridiculous to announce another Switch or 3DS Monster Hunter.

debunked at very same day

Click HERE and be happy