By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The better system is...

Nintendo 64 606 48.71%

Playstation 1 638 51.29%

Total:1,244

N64, but for personal reasons. I have too many memories with it. Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Jet Force Gemini, Turok trilogy, Banjo Kazooie, Bomberman 64, Smash 64, Kirby Crystal Shards, Yoshi Story, Diddy Kong Racing, Ogre Battle 64, etc etc etc were the games that ruled mu childhood.

I acknowledge that the PSX had the better overall library, but I mainly played the N64 during that time. With that in mind, the console has a special place in my gaming history and for that reason alone I must pick the N64.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
Shiken said:
N64, but for personal reasons. I have too many memories with it. Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Jet Force Gemini, Turok trilogy, Banjo Kazooie, Bomberman 64, Smash 64, Kirby Crystal Shards, Yoshi Story, Diddy Kong Racing, Ogre Battle 64, etc etc etc were the games that ruled mu childhood.

I acknowledge that the PSX had the better overall library, but I mainly played the N64 during that time. With that in mind, the console has a special place in my gaming history and for that reason alone I must pick the N64.

Aww, you missed out on all those great games, like Tomb Raider, Parasite Eve and Resident Evil 3

VGPolyglot said:
Shiken said:

Aww, you missed out on all those great games, like Tomb Raider, Parasite Eve and Resident Evil 3

Negative, I got my PSX when Final Fantasy 9 dropped.  Since then I got Chrono Cross, FF 7,8,9, Tactics Ogre, Legend of Dragoon, Wild ARMs 1 and 2, Metak Gear Solid, Resident evil 1,2,3, and a number of other games.

Even so, that does not change that most of my memories of that gen are with the N64.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Isnt the N64 being 64bit vs the psx being 32bit objectively stating that the N64 was more capable in creating 3D worlds? Regardsless of personal preferences?

I'm not a technician so there might be good arguments against it.
But I've always had the feeling games like Goldeneye 64 and Perfect Dark were literally not possible on the psx on that scale and with 4-players.

We did play Medal of Honor 2-player mode and its a really fantastisc game and Blaze and Blade (arpg) 4-player mode with the multitap. But Goldeneye has something about it technically that I have never seen on the PSX.

Anyway, rpg-wise nothing beats the original Playstation in my opinion. But you can call that an opinion, as i do myself. But that N64 vs PSX hardware wise must have an objective basis somewhere right?

''Hadouken!''

So, on PS1, these days, I'm playing: Advanced Variable Geo 2, Ninpu Sentai Harricanger, Mega Man X4, Jumping Flash!, Jumping Flash! 2. Mega Man Legends, Mega Man Legends 2. Lots of games I want to rotate, I have a large collection, but 9 times out of 10, that's what I'm playing.

On Sega Saturn, I'm playing Mega Man 8, Astal, and Virtua Cop, and a bit of Virtua Fighter Remix.... But, if I wanted to play a real game of Virtua Fighter, I'm playing Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown on PS3.

Never owned a Nintendo console before.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Shiken said:

That seems like a random group of games.

ps1 by far.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Ok, it felt like I was back in time when almost everyone I know was asking me this question
Two great consoles at their time, I bought the 64 first cos we as a family Nintendo machine is everyone's machine
My younger brother kept on asking for Ps1 & I decided to help him, but it wasn't until FFVII was released that I finally got one
After all those years I say get a 64 if you are a collector, sure Ps1 has It's games but you can play most important ones on a PSP or a Vita or even from steam
64 games still best on their machine even after all those years

Snesboy said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:

Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask

Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party 1-3
Paper Mario
Mario Tennis
Mario Golf

Smash Bros.

Kirby 64

Star Fox 64

Bomberman 64

GoldenEye

Perfect Dark

DK 64
Diddy Kong Racing

Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie

Flying Dragon

F-Zero X

Yoshi's Story

64 by miles. May not have as many games, but has some of the best games ever, and THE best game ever (OOT)

Star Wars Rogue Squadron

Star Wars Shadows of the Empire

Jet Force Gemini

Conker's Bad Fur Day

I forgot about Shadows of the Empire. Great game. I never got around to Conker's Bad Fur Day. Does it play like the other Rare games on 64?

1doesnotsimply

PS1 by far ...

N64 was nearly devoid of entire genres like RPGs, horror, and fighters ...