By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How do you describe the Nintendo Switch to a layperson?

A curious question for those of you whom have verbally described what the Nintendo Switch actually is to friends, parents, etc.

How do you describe the Nintendo Switch to a layperson in very, very simple terms?

I think the most concise description would be something like, "If the Wii and the iPad had a baby, that would be the Nintendo Switch."

But, there might be a better simple description that conveys more of the nuances of the features of the console.

So, maybe one of you would like to share an even better way of saying it. :)

Around the Network

you think a lay person would know what a wii and ipad are? Most "lay person" type people who I talk to refer to all apple family products as iPhone even one who calls hers the iPhone laptop....

Best way to describe it is a portable games console that can also connect to your TV for home console play, like a cross between a Game boy and a Playstation (far more likely to be understood by more "lay" people I think)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

"A handheld with a TV dock."

A home console that is portable

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Ganoncrotch said:
you think a lay person would know what a wii and ipad are? Most "lay person" type people who I talk to refer to all apple family products as iPhone even one who calls hers the iPhone laptop....

Yes, most people know by now, what an iPad or tablet is.

Apple already sold 350 million iPad and most of them will still be in use. Plus hundreds of millions if other tablets.

Around the Network

A video game system that can be taken anywhere, or connected to the TV.

That thing you have to buy to play Nintendo games.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It's an overpriced handheld that plays WiiU games and other old games, and you can plug it to your TV.

Also it has the dumbest vocal chat system ever made.

User was warned for trolling - Aura7541

its a tablet.. made by Nintendo, that hooks upto a tv via a dock.

You can play on the go and on the big tv, and it has Nintendo games, like Zelda and Mario.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.