By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How do you describe the Nintendo Switch to a layperson?

irstupid said:
maxleresistant said:

Lol I never said anyone should care about my opinion. But the question was "how do you describe it to a layperson", I am not going to describe it saying it's a great system with great features when I don't think it is.

Nevertheless, when it will have more games and a decent price, I will probably describe differently.  

As people have said your throwing in opinions.

A description is just that, a description of the product. Take movies. Go to Rotten tomoates or IMDB, or any article prior to relase. They have paragraph that describes the movies premise/story. If someone asks for a description of a movie, you would give them said description so as to not "spoil" the movie for them if you have seen it.

They didn't ask fora  review or a rotten tomatoes score or anything. They want a description. What is a Switch.

It's a hybrid. It's a console that you can take on the go. It's a handheld that you can plug into the TV. However you decide to describe it, one needs to leave out any personal bias. If they later ask what you think of it, then you can give your opinion on its price, games and other features.

Your theory doesn't work, you can't give a description that is a 100% objective. It's just not possible, otherwise how do you explain that there is 7 pages of this thread with a lot of different descriptions.

Even your exemple is an opinion "It's a console that you can take on the go. It's a handheld that you can plug into the TV", 

you say one or the other, or both, but you choose those words to describe it, it's your point of view on the object.

So stop the bullshit. Please.