By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokkén Tournament DX, Pokémon Ultra Sun, and Pokémon Ultra Moon, coming 2017!

Ljink96 said:
Cobretti2 said:

just like other consoles still a valid reason to complain.

And then we enter a worthless endless cycle of the same stuff. My thing is, you don't like it, Nintendo ain't making you buy it. Vote with your wallet because in the end, that's what's going to matter. And I'm just saying this in general, not necessarily directly to you.

Did EA make anyone buy anything, including dlc? Did Ubsisoft? Yet we kept hearing how evil they are.

Around the Network

Switch's year one lineup is stacked. Keeps getting stacked-er.

Mainline Pokémon game on Switch delayed due to stock issues. Sad!

naruball said:
Ljink96 said:

And then we enter a worthless endless cycle of the same stuff. My thing is, you don't like it, Nintendo ain't making you buy it. Vote with your wallet because in the end, that's what's going to matter. And I'm just saying this in general, not necessarily directly to you.

Did EA make anyone buy anything, including dlc? Did Ubsisoft? Yet we kept hearing how evil they are.

Again, that's all objective. 

The way the video says that these games offer an "alternate story" makes me think that they're not proper sequels and instead they're set in an alternate universe to Sun and Moon or something like that. I guess we'll see at E3.

Around the Network

I never got Pokken on Wii U due to Smash being there, but due to Smash not being here plus how fun it looks to play with people in up close and on the go, I may have to get this on Switch.

Ljink96 said:
celador said:
port port port port

Just like most console 1st year launches...

While I personally see nothing wrong with ports, I feel the need to point out that Sony and Microsoft got a lot of shit for porting games at the start of the gen, even though it obviously is something all of the big three do alot.

Hiku said:
shoichi said:

Not sure if its been factually stated yet. But some are saying its a fusion of some sort with an UltraBeast (which is and isn't a Pokemon) by the name of Necrozma. Due to similarities in design as well as that rainbow like thing (eye?) 

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Necrozma_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

Ah, thanks. Didn't know about Necromaza.
Is fusion a new concept for Ultra Sun/Moon or was it present in the original games as well?

There weren't any funsions in Sun & Moon.
I wouldn't really call this a 'concept' though, it will probably be something story related and Solgaleo/Lunana will get this alternate form. Like Black Kyurem and White Kyurem in B&W2, but in the opposite way.

Sorry, made a mistake and double posted.

Kai_Mao said:
BraLoD said:

No I'm not.
I'm saying that once they realized it failed they choose to screw the few buyers they had by dropping another system to resell those games, not to move foward.
The fact they held Zelda away from Wii U onwers until the Switch was ready was also another big showing.
If you take the PS3 as the comparision, when Sony was struggling they did all the possible to make the PS3 best, they lowered massively its price and focused it completely on games and bringing the most possible content to it, and didn't just released the PS4 in 2010.
Meanwhile Sony screwed the Vita owners as well, but instead of making another system to resell the Vita core games, they simply ported it, althought still letting Vita owners to eat dust.

The point is that both did wrong to its consumers, but Nintendo actually cut the Wii U short to resell it.

But Sony had third parties to carry the load along with their first party content for the PS3 and Vita, especially Vita since Sony decided to abandon it early on.

The Wii U had no such luxury. It barely had any momentum. Lowering the price for a console not a lot of people cared for or even were aware of would do nothing but create losses, more than Nintendo would want beyond the 2-3 years of losses. Besides Nintendo themselves did pretty much as close to all they could for the Wii U. Sure no Metroid, but they had Splatoon, Smash, Kart, 3D World, Pokken, #FE, Xenoblade X, Mario Maker, Yoshis Woolly World, Pikmin 3, Kirby, DKCTF, Hyrule Warriors, and BoTW. If you have an idea of getting as much out of 13 million consumers who were more than likely ready to move on for this year and next, then be my guest.

Nintendo could have gotten rid of the gamepad, rebrand the console and drop the price. Or at the very least not port Wii U games to Switch. But instead, they shat on their customers.