By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokkén Tournament DX, Pokémon Ultra Sun, and Pokémon Ultra Moon, coming 2017!

Ljink96 said:
celador said:
port port port port

Just like most console 1st year launches...

just like other consoles still a valid reason to complain.

Around the Network

I can't wait to pick it up however one thing stuck out to me more than anything else...

"Our first Switch game.."

e3 is going to be lit.

Cobretti2 said:
Ljink96 said:

Just like most console 1st year launches...

just like other consoles still a valid reason to complain.

And then we enter a worthless endless cycle of the same stuff. My thing is, you don't like it, Nintendo ain't making you buy it. Vote with your wallet because in the end, that's what's going to matter. And I'm just saying this in general, not necessarily directly to you.

BraLoD said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

BraLoD, those are two dramatically different scenarios. By March 31, 2008, PS3 had sold almost 13 million units —nearly as many as WiiU's lifetime sales. By March 2010, PS3 had sold about 33 million units, which was 86% of the Xbox 360's 39 million (a system that had one year head start). Sony had compelling reasons to stick with PS3. Nintendo had none with WiiU, short of insulting the 14 million folks who bought one.

I think you're being unfairly distrustful of Nintendo here. They made a dud, and they decided to move on. Remember: Nintendo is a video game company only; it doesn't have other revenue streams like Sony and Microsoft. A failure like WiiU can be severly damaging to its operating budget. 

I'm not being unfair, I'm being real, they aren't moving on yet, they are reselling the Wii U, that's exactly what is happening right now.

And Nintendo is actually very well financially, have always been.

What exactly is your problem with this situation? You can still buy a WiiU. You can still buy all its games. Or you can buy a Switch, with its own exclusives, its own unique features, and some "deluxe" versions of WiiU games. This is standard operating procedure. X360, Wii, PS3, XOne, WiiU, and PS4 launched with a lot of cross-gen games and ports. Look at PS4, for example:

• Warframe (released 8 months prior on PC)
  • Trine 2 Complete Story (released a year earlier on WiiU)
  • Flower (released 4 years earlier on PS3)
  • DC Universe Online (released 2 years earlier on PS3/PC)
  • Call of Duty Ghosts (released 10 days earlier on PS3, PC, WiiU, and X360)
  • and so on

Where is the scandal?

So, is Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon supposed to be enhanced versions of Sun and Moon or full blown sequels like Black and White 2? Because I've been hearing both and don't know which one to be true.

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:
So, is Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon supposed to be enhanced versions of Sun and Moon or full blown sequels like Black and White 2? Because I've been hearing both and don't know which one to be true.

All we've heard so far is a new story and new pokemon. (Don't think new #'s, probbaly like some extra wild pokemon not available in Sun/Moon are now available to catch)

So could be a sequel with its "new" story, or it could be a new story set in same region and has nothing to do with sun/moons story.

Seems hard to toss the enhanced version around, considering its on same console that was already being pushed, so likely no upgrades in any sense that way. The story is different, not expanded like say a GOTY edition. So it's basically a new game, just same region and centered around the same gen pokemon.

Ah. Well, that makes sense.
This will most likely be the 3DS' last major release/swan song, much like Black/White 2 was for the DS before Game Freak switches gears.

BraLoD said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

What exactly is your problem with this situation? You can still buy a WiiU. You can still buy all its games. Or you can buy a Switch, with its own exclusives, its own unique features, and some "deluxe" versions of WiiU games. This is standard operating procedure. X360, Wii, PS3, XOne, WiiU, and PS4 launched with a lot of cross-gen games and ports. Look at PS4, for example:

• Warframe (released 8 months prior on PC)
  • Trine 2 Complete Story (released a year earlier on WiiU)
  • Flower (released 4 years earlier on PS3)
  • DC Universe Online (released 2 years earlier on PS3/PC)
  • Call of Duty Ghosts (released 10 days earlier on PS3, PC, WiiU, and X360)
  • and so on

Where is the scandal?

My problem as I already said is that Nintendo cut it short to try to resell it and that's about it.
Ports are not the problem, I already said that as well.
And it's not a scandal, it's a shame.

PS4 came after a full fledged console that gave it all, PS4 was meant to be and the PS3 had its complete run.

I dunno, dood. Not sure how you can censure Nintendo for reselling WiiU to consumers when Sony is literally reselling its PS4 every day.

BraLoD said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I dunno, dood. Not sure how you can censure Nintendo for reselling WiiU to consumers when Sony is literally reselling its PS4 every day.

PS4 Pro is a choice, and it didn't kill the PS4.
Also, I dislike it (Pro), by the way, I hope they never do this kind of thing again, because the potential for me to go getting screwed with short gen refreshes is real if it sticks, and I don't want it.

Ok, we're just going in circles. We're never going to convince the other. Agree to disagree?

Well..... There goes Eurogamer's "sources"...........

Didn't really cared about Pokken on the Wii U. I probably will do the same here. And like I said. Only a mainline Pokemon Switch version will make me go back to the series.

Pocky Lover Boy!