By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokkén Tournament DX, Pokémon Ultra Sun, and Pokémon Ultra Moon, coming 2017!

Teeqoz said:
Ljink96 said:

Just like most console 1st year launches...

While I personally see nothing wrong with ports, I feel the need to point out that Sony and Microsoft got a lot of shit for porting games at the start of the gen, even though it obviously is something all of the big three do alot.

They probably get shit from Sony fanboys or Microsoft fanboys and vice versa. If they get shit from Nintendo fanboys, that's just sad. The thing with 1st year ports is, it allows for something to be on a relatively new console so that there is time to create new content later down the road. I think a lot of the issues stem from the fact that a lot of companies use this as a simple cash grab without adding any new content and just porting the game over. That's where I think people have issues with ports. Nintendo however is releasing ports with updated free content. And it's not like Nintendo is banking on ports from March to March, they have a ton of new content coming this year. So, I really can't say I agree with giving Nintendo a hard time over ports that add free content just to get the ball rolling. 

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
celador said:
port port port port

Huh that's funny considering I remember it was Nintendo fans screaming that while saying the Wii U was better.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
Ljink96 said:

Huh that's funny considering I remember it was Nintendo fans screaming that while saying the Wii U was better.

Come again? I'm not necessarily a um...Nintendo fanboy so I can't really vouch for that. I do love Nintendo but I have just as much love for Sony and recently Xbox. I never said anything about Wii U being better than anything...

Ljink96 said:
Teeqoz said:

While I personally see nothing wrong with ports, I feel the need to point out that Sony and Microsoft got a lot of shit for porting games at the start of the gen, even though it obviously is something all of the big three do alot.

They probably get shit from Sony fanboys or Microsoft fanboys and vice versa. If they get shit from Nintendo fanboys, that's just sad. The thing with 1st year ports is, it allows for something to be on a relatively new console so that there is time to create new content later down the road. I think a lot of the issues stem from the fact that a lot of companies use this as a simple cash grab without adding any new content and just porting the game over. That's where I think people have issues with ports. Nintendo however is releasing ports with updated free content. And it's not like Nintendo is banking on ports from March to March, they have a ton of new content coming this year. So, I really can't say I agree with giving Nintendo a hard time over ports that add free content just to get the ball rolling. 

Like I said I don't see anything wrong with ports, but I certainly know of several users who I am fairly certain were Ninty fans who complained about MS and Sony porting stuff who're keeping their mouth's shut now. For the record, I certainly also know of several users who are Sony/MS fans who defended them for porting but are now criticizing Ninty. It's just a bit amusing to see how users act when the tables are turned.

Teeqoz said:
Ljink96 said:

Like I said I don't see anything wrong with ports, but I certainly know of several users who I am fairly certain were Ninty fans who complained about MS and Sony porting stuff who're keeping their mouth's shut now. For the record, I certainly also know of several users who are Sony/MS fans who defended them for porting but are now criticizing Ninty. It's just a bit amusing to see how users act when the tables are turned.

Wow, I heard about a terrible ban spree thread that happened over a similar topic  a while back and it's sad. It's sad when any fanboy tries to complain about ports because they're so necessary these days. 

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
Ali_16x said:

Come again? I'm not necessarily a um...Nintendo fanboy so I can't really vouch for that. I do love Nintendo but I have just as much love for Sony and recently Xbox. I never said anything about Wii U being better than anything...

Neve called you one and I never thought you were one of those "fanboys"

Magnus said:
Kai_Mao said:

But Sony had third parties to carry the load along with their first party content for the PS3 and Vita, especially Vita since Sony decided to abandon it early on.

The Wii U had no such luxury. It barely had any momentum. Lowering the price for a console not a lot of people cared for or even were aware of would do nothing but create losses, more than Nintendo would want beyond the 2-3 years of losses. Besides Nintendo themselves did pretty much as close to all they could for the Wii U. Sure no Metroid, but they had Splatoon, Smash, Kart, 3D World, Pokken, #FE, Xenoblade X, Mario Maker, Yoshis Woolly World, Pikmin 3, Kirby, DKCTF, Hyrule Warriors, and BoTW. If you have an idea of getting as much out of 13 million consumers who were more than likely ready to move on for this year and next, then be my guest.

Nintendo could have gotten rid of the gamepad, rebrand the console and drop the price. Or at the very least not port Wii U games to Switch. But instead, they shat on their customers.

I agree.  Instead of porting the games, they should have burned a big pile of money.

Ali_16x said:
Ljink96 said:

Well...you had to have a reason to bring up Nintendo fans saying the same thing about Sony/MS and it being...funny. 

Ljink96 said:
Ali_16x said:

Well...you had to have a reason to bring up Nintendo fans saying the same thing about Sony/MS and it being...funny. 

It more just aimed at the whole thread and me finding it funny how quiet people on complaining about ports.

Ali_16x said:
Ljink96 said:

It more just aimed at the whole thread and me finding it funny how quiet people on complaining about ports.

That's fair...I guess. But it really isn't wise to fight fire with fire. Just makes more fire really. I say just let them, those that did complain about other companies and ports, stay salty.