By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why Did Microsoft Not Include Asian, Straight, While, Male Gamers on their YouTube videos at GDC?

that's why mankind are a lost case

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

Well these videos go out of their way to exclude people like me.

Hmm...

I don't really agree with this, but then again, I don't know you. I assume you're straight, male, and asian or white based on the tenor of the original post.

I would say that if you're a straight, white, male, you are most certainly not underrepresented in the gaming community, or at GDC specifically. Maybe there is an argument to be made for straight, asian males. I don't have the numbers.

If you truly feel that you are not represented at GDC, gaming events, gaming culture, or games at large though; I guess I'd suggest contacting Microsoft about it. Based on the videos you linked, they seem to value diversity and inclusivity. Perhaps you could address your grievences with them.

All in the name of political correctness. May it die off before it gets much worse.

Aeolus451 said:
All in the name of political correctness. May it die off before it gets much worse.

Get much worse than what? A few videos about diversity and inclusivity at GDC?

specialk said:
jason1637 said:

Well these videos go out of their way to exclude people like me.

Hmm...

I don't really agree with this, but then again, I don't know you. I assume you're straight, male, and asian or white based on the tenor of the original post.

I would say that if you're a straight, white, male, you are most certainly not underrepresented in the gaming community, or at GDC specifically. Maybe there is an argument to be made for straight, asian males. I don't have the numbers.

If you truly feel that you are not represented at GDC, gaming events, gaming culture, or games at large though; I guess I'd suggest contacting Microsoft about it. Based on the videos you linked, they seem to value diversity and inclusivity. Perhaps you could address your grievences with them.

Well the percentage of Male to Female gamers are about even https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.windowscentral.com/heres-some-interesting-stats-about-xbox-one-owners-microsoft-shared-partners%3Famp

So why give women their own special event? I get they want to be inclusive but why not have an event for Asians, whites, heterosexuals, and males since the goal is to include EVERYONE.

Around the Network

People complaining about these sort of things are no different when someone makes a racist or feminine joke by mistake and everyone jumps on the band wagon of being offended and wants blood.
Get over yourselves. Im white and i couldnt care less if i was represented. The way it should be. Stop waving flags separenting the communities. We are one.

jason1637 said:

Well the percentage of Male to Female gamers are about even https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.windowscentral.com/heres-some-interesting-stats-about-xbox-one-owners-microsoft-shared-partners%3Famp

So why give women their own special event? I get they want to be inclusive but why not have an event for Asians, whites, heterosexuals, and males since the goal is to include EVERYONE.

These videos were from GDC, which is an event for industry professionals. I'd imagine that game development is still pretty dominated by white and asian males. These videos were an opportunity to spotlight other voices in the industry.

Again, if you feel that asian/white heterosexual male voices are underpresented at GDC, then I encourage you to contact Microsoft about this and get their read on the matter.

Is this thread serious? Lol like really. You don't see why they support those groups?

This corp "inclusiveness" is very idiotic, hilariously so: "Thanks for being from the group you are and playing games! Characteristics such as race, sex and gender are very important to point out, because the opposite of being racist, sexist and homophobic is not valuing people as individuals, but by their identity group!".

They earned those dislikes. I mean, when are corps going to learn? Most people don't buy the SJW's definitions of racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. Most people are sensible enough to understand that being benevolently racist, sexist,etc is not the opposite of being sexist,racist,etc.

Edellus said:
This corp "inclusiveness" is very idiotic, hilariously so: "Thanks for being from the group you are and playing games! Characteristics such as race, sex and gender are very important to point out, because the opposite of being racist, sexist and homophobic is not valuing people as individuals, but by their identity group!".

They earned those dislikes. I mean, when are corps going to learn? Most people don't buy the SJW's definitions of racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. Most people are sensible enough to understand that being benevolently racist, sexist,etc is not the opposite of being sexist,racist,etc.

It's a collection of short videos with jazzy music and peppy people talking about how excited they are to be a part of something.

Re-examine why this upsets you so much.