By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Japanese Developers Coming Back To Playstation In A Big Way

The perfect west & japan-Games-console, the PlayStation 4.

I'm ready for the biggest & best japanese games.

Around the Network
vivster said:
xl-klaudkil said:

If you seen the  ps3 era you know compared  to  ps2 Japanese games  where kinda absent.. Sure a phew good ones but that's  it.

( i btw have them all)

PS4  already  have more Japanese games then  ps3( almost  have them all)

So who left?

None left,there just coming  back in a bigger  way,ps3 had a lot of low budget fan service  10trillions of damage games....( like cross edge and mugen souls)  now where  seeing  more AA  en AAA japanse  games.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Great news... hopefully this means a few more RPGS?

The ( PS4 exclusive) Monster Hunter 5 and the Bloodborne 2 rumors are starting to feel more real to me with this... and while i dont wanna hype myself for something that might not happen i cant denny that hearing Sony say that gives me big hopes for those rumors being true.

Sure, but what have they done for us recently?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
Pachofilauri said:
Who left?, all those games are normal Playstation third party games.
I dont rember Persona on a non Sony platform, and games like resident evil or final fantasy have always been part of the play station catalog.

Apart from the Vita, all Sony's consoles have amazing numbers why would they "leave" in the first place???

I remember an AWESOME looking PS2 game (that i could never play because it was never realeased in my country) that moved to the PSP and became freaking HUGE so huge another company was all like "hey Sony FUCK YOU!" and bought it exclusively  and since then it became a 3ds game which kept getting bigger and bigger.

It was called Monster Hunter.

vivster said:
xl-klaudkil said:

If you seen the  ps3 era you know compared  to  ps2 Japanese games  where kinda absent.. Sure a phew good ones but that's  it.

( i btw have them all)

PS4  already  have more Japanese games then  ps3( almost  have them all)

So who left?

It was more 'where are they?' Before 2010 we had a lot of hatefull threads against PS3 because of the lack of many great japanese games.  The Wii got some exclusive games like a soul calibur game/Dragon quest game(s)/Those horror games where you had to scare ghosts with a camera and so on...  The Xbox 360 had blue dragon/lost odyssey but also an exclusive Ace Combat/katamari game and square enix came with infinite undiscovery, the last remnant, project sylpheed (?).  Idolmasters, Ninja gaiden/Dead or alive and so on.  While at that time PS3 had a lot of Japanese games coming like Nioh/Last Guardian and people were getting annoyed with getting no information and the ones that released like Genji/White Knight chronicles were not that good. MGSV and some ports from Xbox 360 games were the only games you could play on PS3 that were decent/great.

The difference between PS4/PS3 is huge but honestly I am also getting interested in what is coming on Switch.

estebxx said:
Pachofilauri said:
Who left?, all those games are normal Playstation third party games.
I dont rember Persona on a non Sony platform, and games like resident evil or final fantasy have always been part of the play station catalog.

Apart from the Vita, all Sony's consoles have amazing numbers why would they "leave" in the first place???

I remember an AWESOME looking PS2 game (that i could never play because it was never realeased in my country) that moved to the PSP and became freaking HUGE so huge another company was all like "hey Sony FUCK YOU!" and bought it exclusively  and since then it became a 3ds game which kept getting bigger and bigger.

But Monster Hunter is exclusive to Nintendo because am 99% sure Nintendo payed for it. The Statement here implies that “Now that Sony is selling, we will support it big way”

Pachofilauri said:
estebxx said:

But Monster Hunter is exclusive to Nintendo because am 99% sure Nintendo payed for it. The Statement here implies that “Now that Sony is selling, we will support it big way”

Or because the Vita was much less successful than the PSP and even with the Vita being popular in Japan it wasn't quite good for the biggest Capcom franchise. That could be a reason too.....

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Pachofilauri said:
estebxx said:

Yeah, and the rumor lately has been that Sony got Monster Hunter back with an exclusive Monster Hunter 5, that rumor has been going on for over a year now btw.

But still i need to see it to believe it.