By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - THE PURGE THREAD - Get it out of your system!

Azuren said:
This send like it could go south really fast.

Are we allowed to get political?

Well even if we could get political, the people that I'd want to talk about haven't posted in this thread.

Around the Network

I feel like the people most want to poke fun at simply won't involve themselves in this thread for fear of facing the truth that no one likes them.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Hey guys, new here, might as well go out with a strong first post.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door was terrible. Grade A trash. I honestly don't even know where to begin. Incredibly bland linear level design, and when I say linear I wish I was stretching the truth, but almost all of the dungeons are completed by walking in a straight line, virtually no backtracking or depth.

RoguePort is probably one of the worst hubworlds I've ever seen, as much fun as it is to be in a place where everyone's a criminal and they all hate you and treat you like shit, it's not. A+ to them for creativity and trying out something new though, really strayed away from the general Mushroom Kingdom as a starting area formula, that being said, I still hated it.

Peach's missions were incredibly dry and lacked any and all of the fun that the original Paper Mario had, going back to my level design complaint when you walk out of her area you either go left or right, a huge let down compared to Bowser's castle. The combat system was a slight step up from the original in terms of variability but I'd still prefer the N64 battle system any day of the week.

Your sidekicks, with the exception of Vivian and the infant Yoshi, were also a lesser rehash of their N64 counterparts and a pretty big letdown as well.

Puzzles and unlockables also failed to impress in TTYD, whereas the N64 version had a lot of interesting areas to explore and treasures to find, TTYD felt very stale and 2-dimensional (No pun intended)

Paper Mario for the N64 is my favorite RPG of all time (Yes, better than Final Fantasy, Xenoblade, or even Legend of the Seven Stars, which is a close second), and to date I've beaten it about 12 times, but TTYD doesn't even deserve to share the same name or graphical design as the original.

I hold the N64 version in incredibly high regard and this gamecube title was a letdown in essentially every form of the word. It's not that TTYD was just an "alright" game when I was expecting fantastic, I legitimately mean that TTYD was a terrible game, and I was completely devoid of any fun while playing it, I had to force myself to see it through to completion, and I don't understand why everyone loves it so much.

Ya'll Nintendo fanboys. This is literally the only forum were everyone applauds Nintendo no matter how weird, bad or stupid decisions they make.

Its weird to see many people excited about Arms all in one place.

People who applaud a $20 increase for online services disgust me.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

MyNintendo is shit compared to Club Nintendo. Shiiiiiiit!

It's your fault every console has online fee for multiplayer. You could have prevented this.

Capcom is going down the drain in quality terms, and an exception like RE7 is not going to save them in the long term.

To The Moon is an amoral game that tries to distract the players from the fact with the romance plot.

Pokemon Sun/Moon is the worst Pokemon game since Diamond and Pearl. X/Y were so much better in comparaison.

Fire Emblem Fate's plot is utter nonesense. All three of them.

Microsoft will burn in Hell for allowing Ensemble Studios's closure. I want my Age of Empires IV or Age of Mythology II.

Sega should have just made a Dawn of War I remaster, instead of DoWIII. III and II are not even worth having the name Dawn of War.

Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater is overrated and Metal Gear Rising Revengance is the best of them all.

Smash Bros Brawl is better than Melee.

The Persona series is decades behind Chrono Trigger. Not allowing levels, exp and items to carry on in New Game+ is nonesense. I don't want to grind all over again, just let me do the social stuff!

More coming up.
There. You happy now?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Miguel_Zorro said:
VGPolyglot said:
I guess I'll just post in this thread in case someone wanted to say something about me/roast me

VGPolyglot is an alpha male.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just sad to see people applaud Nintendo for making lazy games like Arms. It will probably sell well and we`ll see more of that and less of quality titles like BOTW and Mario Odyssey. Why make big and wonderful games when your fanbase will celebrate whatever shit you throw together...?

The "new" 3DS XL is kinda just meh.
Give me the "new 3DS anyday over the XL model.

Darwinianevolution said:

To The Moon is an amoral game that tries to distract the players from the fact with the romance plot

I'm gonna ask for clarification here, boss.