By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - THE PURGE THREAD - Get it out of your system!

Oh this should be fun especially since I'm sure there's a few people who like to give me a piece of their mind but who knows. People can be unpredictable. I suspect if they were gonna comment about me, it would be in relation to my views with politics. *shrugs I never took politics personally but rather as mental exercise that I thought was fun to think about and sometimes converse about. 

As for my post, I'll go with what I think of nintendo fans. All nintendo fans are comprised of two kinds of gamers. One type really likes a sense of nostagia when they play a game. I think that games designed with that in mind become stagnant after a while because they're kind of stuck in the past or recreate this sort of experience from an older entry. I just agree to disagree with them.

The other type are the ones I believe just like games that are very juvenile because it reminds of them of being a kid. They honestly get on my nerves sometimes because they'll say the most childish looking game is GOTY. Blah. Only a 6 year old would think of it like that.  I guess I tolerate those kind of gamers because there's plenty of choices when it comes to games and console to play on. A gaming world of just nintendo would be the kind of hellish place that would get me to quit gaming forever.  

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:

Oh this should be fun especially since I'm sure there's a few people who like to give me a piece of their mind but who knows. People can be unpredictable. I suspect if they were gonna comment about me, it would be in relation to my views with politics. *shrugs I never took politics personally but rather as mental exercise that I thought was fun to think about and sometimes converse about. 

I was waiting for you to enter this thread

Now, it's not exactly a secret, but I'm not a fan of your posts or your attitude at all. There's been a few instances in particular that I was not a fan of:

-Your stance on innocent people dying is disgusting. You said outright that you don't give a shit, because somehow it's their fault for being used as human shields/collatoral damage

-Your "alpha male" views come across as something that a sociopath or just an outright asshole would say. Like somehow, it's a good thing to be a mysogynist or a bully that takes advantage of women and looks down on other men

-Your views on feminism also do showcase a lack of disregard for the issues that women continue to face around the world

Now obviously, there's other things that I could bring up too. But those three are the ones that stuck out to me the most. Of course, I see that you already tried to make a way out by posting that you never took politics personally, and thus make it seem as though I'm the one taking it too seriously. But the fact of the matter is, from how frequently and consistently you've posted about the topic, I cannot conclude that it's mainly something as a pastime, and must assume that it truly reflects your views and feelings.

Now, I could also talk about the terms that you use. The constant mentions of "leftists" and "regressive left" are turning you into something of a joke: it's hard for many people to take you seriously when you constantly bring it up. Now, I know that I'm not the most innocent person either when it comes to that, as there's probably people that take my talks about the bourgeoisie and capitalism as a joke, but the thing with you is that you generally don't seem like a nice person to hang around with. Maybe if you at least tried to show concern for victims, or tried to get along with the people of this site in a more civil manner, there wouldn't be as much of a problem. But knowing you, I don't think that'll happen.

Tagging.

Proud to be a Californian.

KLXVER said:
Just sad to see people applaud Nintendo for making lazy games like Arms. It will probably sell well and we`ll see more of that and less of quality titles like BOTW and Mario Odyssey. Why make big and wonderful games when your fanbase will celebrate whatever shit you throw together...?

Because BotW is not selling?

Darwinianevolution said:

Pokemon Sun/Moon is the worst Pokemon game since Diamond and Pearl. X/Y were so much better in comparaison.

Since Pokemon went 3D, it managed to start sucking for no reason. They limit exploration to the point where you can't even have fun. You're not exploring islands, you're going on a tour. The characters suck; the plot is incredibly boring and predictable; you're just moving through cutscenes.

Hell, I forgave XY for it's bad singleplayer because it had a very easy entry barrier to competitive and the gameplay was perfected, but Sun/Moon went out of their way to make it so hard and time consuming to get all the items you need. It's dumb.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Wright said:

I feel like this thread has been hella tame so far. People is just stating opinions (aside from a small few of users) rather than trolling statements, or stating opinions about users in a civilized way. WE NEED TO GO MEANER!

Wright is really stupid for thinking FF XV wouldn't have a day 1 patch. He should eat more lemons.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
VGPolyglot said:

OK, well I do have to say, you probably derail threads more than almost anyone else I've seen, with either talk about LoD, cats or something else.

Don't come at me half-baked.
Don't say "probably" say I "definitely" do it, because yes I do, whenever I land things start going my way! XD

Sorry, I guess I'm a bit too soft!

Barkley said:

You might not get banned in this thread, but the affect your behaviour has in this thread isn't going to be contained to just here.

Yup, especially the political section.

All Xbox fanboys are teenage children with mommy and daddy issues

Cubedramirez said:
All Xbox fanboys are teenage children with mommy and daddy issues

That's true tho. 

BraLoD said:
But I do that everywhere already...
Yes, now I have a post in this thread.

Come. At. Me.

I played Legend of Dragoon halfway through and quit.