By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - THE PURGE THREAD - Get it out of your system!

Cloudman said:
Kerotan said:

That applies to Ubisoft games too which are not usually graphical power houses.  Anyway you kept that one quiet Nintendo fans and more importantly reviewers. 

From what I recall from the more recent Ubisoft games, the general audience had issues with them overall. And again, most people didn't have issue or didn't really care about any downgrades with Zelda BotW because it was such a minor issue in what was overall a great game.

Ubisoft sales are a strong as ever.  The people are voting with their wallets.  If they have issue with gameplay then have a go at that.  But the amount of meltdowns over graphic downgrades for ps4/xb1 titles is a lot.  Nintendo seems exempt from this. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Cloudman said:

From what I recall from the more recent Ubisoft games, the general audience had issues with them overall. And again, most people didn't have issue or didn't really care about any downgrades with Zelda BotW because it was such a minor issue in what was overall a great game.

Ubisoft sales are a strong as ever.  The people are voting with their wallets.  If they have issue with gameplay then have a go at that.  But the amount of meltdowns over graphic downgrades for ps4/xb1 titles is a lot.  Nintendo seems exempt from this. 

If their said games that had these downgrades still sold well, then I suppose it's not an issue then? Also, what are your examples of games that got said meltdowns? The reason Nintendo doesn't get criticisms for its visuals is because their focus is on gameplay, which presentation being a compliment.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I've been getting more into platformers as of late and had a realization. Nintendo isn't that good at making them. It's weird to say as Nintendo is pretty much spearheading the genre in terms of output.

For example, the older Sonic & Crash games are better than any Kirby or Yoshi game, modern or otherwise. They are also better than most Mario games. The only Nintendo IP that does true justice to the genre is Donkey Kong.

[] [] [] {} []