By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - THE PURGE THREAD - Get it out of your system!

Kerotan said:
Zelda was a downgrade on the original footage shown. You kept that one quiet Zelda fans. Only found out recently. If it was a Ubisoft game the Internet would have melted.

Probably because it didn't matter. People enjoyed the game for other aspects besides the visuals.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Azuren said:

Neither was I. Climate change isn't real ;)

Why am I not surprised that Black Star is saying this? 

#MedusaDidNothingWrong

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Cloudman said:

If anyone says anything bad about you, I will fight them! > : (

Thanks Cloud, I knew I could count on you

[] [] [] {} [] 

I don't want to play a game like Hellblade again for a loooong time, if ever. That was one of the most soul-sucking things I've ever done in my life. I guess I asked for it when the game recommended I play with headphones. Is there a way to play a game that gives an understanding of schizophrenia without subjecting you to a similar experience?

I mean I don't need my legs broken to play as a wheelchair bound man. I admire the effort put into the game, but I got very little joy out of it. I feel like I need to play 10 Mario games now to bring my spirits back up.

Miguel_Zorro said:
librarian13579 said:

I'm so angry at myself for all the long-lasting damage that my procrastination has caused.

Ten years, ten whole fucking years I've been writing and I haven't finished one single novel. I know I have talent, people tell me I have bucketloads of potential and they've always loved my writing, but I just can't get something out there. How pathetic is that? And I've hurt others along the way, telling them I'm too busy writing to go out or talk...when in reality just burning time with mindless trash.

The high you get from eschewing your daily goals is so fucking addictive and dangerous. And it's especially dangerous when your goals demand constant, focused attention.

I'm finally starting to get some help very recently and it's been doing wonders, but if you find yourself slacking off a bit, STOP. RE-EVALUATE YOUR LIFE. MAKE RADICAL CHANGES NOW. DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, GET TRAPPED INTO THE SWIRLING VORTEX OF HELL THAT IS CHRONIC PROCRASTINATION. Especially if things have always come easy for you, like they have for me. You'll just end up cynical, bitter, alone, and depressed and you'll just be spinning your wheels for decades with absolutely nothing to show for it.

Life is about giving back and helping others. How the fuck can you help others if you're staring at a computer screen for 12 hours a day, wasting your short life on frivolous bullshit?

Having a solid work ethic is absolutely paramount to a good life. That's the one lesson I've learned in all my years on this planet. I may be decades late to the party, but I'm going to try my hardest to salvage the remnants of my broken existence.

QFT

I too appreciate this post

[] [] [] {} [] 

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
Kerotan said:
Zelda was a downgrade on the original footage shown. You kept that one quiet Zelda fans. Only found out recently. If it was a Ubisoft game the Internet would have melted.

Probably because it didn't matter. People enjoyed the game for other aspects besides the visuals.

That applies to Ubisoft games too which are not usually graphical power houses.  Anyway you kept that one quiet Nintendo fans and more importantly reviewers. 

RJ_Sizzle said:
I don't want to play a game like Hellblade again for a loooong time, if ever. That was one of the most soul-sucking things I've ever done in my life. I guess I asked for it when the game recommended I play with headphones. Is there a way to play a game that gives an understanding of schizophrenia without subjecting you to a similar experience?

I mean I don't need my legs broken to play as a wheelchair bound man. I admire the effort put into the game, but I got very little joy out of it. I feel like I need to play 10 Mario games now to bring my spirits back up.

Interesting. I know little to nothing about the game, but it doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy. I'm kind of a softy. At least I've become one in recent years. Entertainment that's steeped in negativity and darkness doesn't make it into my queue very often anymore. Even stuff that's just sad or otherwise haunting isn't my cup of tea. Everybody's Gone To The Rapture is a good example. It does what it sets out to do well, but it's definitely something I'd characterize as a tale full of saddness.......:( I do like Ninja Theroy though! So maybe I'll give it a whirl.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

librarian13579 said:

I'm so angry at myself for all the long-lasting damage that my procrastination has caused.

Ten years, ten whole fucking years I've been writing and I haven't finished one single novel. I know I have talent, people tell me I have bucketloads of potential and they've always loved my writing, but I just can't get something out there. How pathetic is that? And I've hurt others along the way, telling them I'm too busy writing to go out or talk...when in reality just burning time with mindless trash.

The high you get from eschewing your daily goals is so fucking addictive and dangerous. And it's especially dangerous when your goals demand constant, focused attention.

I'm finally starting to get some help very recently and it's been doing wonders, but if you find yourself slacking off a bit, STOP. RE-EVALUATE YOUR LIFE. MAKE RADICAL CHANGES NOW. DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, GET TRAPPED INTO THE SWIRLING VORTEX OF HELL THAT IS CHRONIC PROCRASTINATION. Especially if things have always come easy for you, like they have for me. You'll just end up cynical, bitter, alone, and depressed and you'll just be spinning your wheels for decades with absolutely nothing to show for it.

Life is about giving back and helping others. How the fuck can you help others if you're staring at a computer screen for 12 hours a day, wasting your short life on frivolous bullshit?

Having a solid work ethic is absolutely paramount to a good life. That's the one lesson I've learned in all my years on this planet. I may be decades late to the party, but I'm going to try my hardest to salvage the remnants of my broken existence.

Very nice.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Azuren said:
Captain_Yuri said:

All I am saying in, there is a fast lane and a slow lane. If you are one of the people who follow the rules, go to the right lane which is known as the slow lane. There's even signs on the highway that says if you are slow, let the fast people pass so they should really go above the speed limit or go to the right lane. The police generally gives a leeway on the highway when it comes to the Speed Limit of 110-120km/h on a 100km/h zone and no one on the left side should really be going less than 110km/h.

The worst offenders are these hugs trucks cause they come to the left side and then struggle to go up a hill. Why not just stick to the right side and go slow af or if you are gonna be on the left side, hall arse.

The left lane is for passing, and as such is the "speeding lane". There are actually scenarios where you can get pulled over for going to speed limit in the speeding lane because it's "impeding traffic".

Pretty sure that's a lie.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Kerotan said:
Cloudman said:

That applies to Ubisoft games too which are not usually graphical power houses.  Anyway you kept that one quiet Nintendo fans and more importantly reviewers. 

From what I recall from the more recent Ubisoft games, the general audience had issues with them overall. And again, most people didn't have issue or didn't really care about any downgrades with Zelda BotW because it was such a minor issue in what was overall a great game.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread