By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump Sought Assurance From Fox News Before Leaving Paris Climate Deal

Does this surprise you?

No 34 37.36%

Yes 4 4.40%

Covfefe 53 58.24%

Total:91

No, your eyes are not deceiving you. Yes, you really read that and yes, that really happened.

Story:

White House press secretary hopeful Kimberly Guilfoyle told Trump he was  "brave and courageous."

Donald Trump made an unusual phone call for some heart-to-heart counsel from Fox News before his press conference announcing he was pulling the U.S. out of the Paris climate accord.

The president sought a bit of hand-holding from a media organization not known for its science — nor for its concern about global warming.

Kimberly Guilfoyle, co-host of Fox’s nightly news program “The Five,” revealed on air Thursday that the president called her at 8 a.m. to discuss “climate change” — and taxes.

“I think he did the brave and courageous thing, and in fact I told him that this morning ... when he called,” said Guilfoyle, referring to the president’s controversial decision to back out of the Paris Agreement. “I spoke to him about it, and this was something very much so on his mind.”

Her stunned co-host Greg Gutfield asked: “Wait a second. Who called you? I think that you buried the lead here.”

“I know, yeah, the president called me at 8 in the morning,” she said.

She added: “He was excited about this today; it was going to be a big speech and a lot of people would be excited about it. However, there would be people that would be upset and disappointed. He would do his best to explain."

... A lot is an understatment. 

Full story and source here: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5930c4d8e4b02478cb9a063c

Around the Network

Doesnt he have any friends in the white house that he trusts? Anyone competent he can go to for advice?

JRPGfan said:
Doesnt he have any friends in the white house that he trusts? Anyone competent he can go to for advice?

No

JRPGfan said:

Elon Musk was there, advising him not to pull out. Constantly. And then he pulled out anyway. He chose the reassurance of a news host over that of a someone who knows what the hell theyre talking about. And unfortunately Trumps decision has made him leave

This guy is definitely a covfefe. The whole world is behind this even Russia and North Korea but of course trump wants us living in the wrong century. Where coal is still a thing and women should be treated as second class citizens again. This is not making anything great again, it's making things worse. Luckily people in good positions in this country will still try to carry through with making things more environmentally friendly.

Around the Network

Best president ever

Angelus said:
Best president ever

Hey look, its the one guy who still thinks this is a joke. 

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Soon the chinese will have taken all the jobs at fox, and then Trump will have lost his expert sources.

Fox News is nothing but a propaganda machine for the right wing. They are absolutely shameless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

megaman79 said:
Angelus said:
Best president ever

Hey look, its the one guy who still thinks this is a joke. 

Is that the same guy who doesn't get sarcasm?