By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which game looks better: Uncharted 4 or Horizon Zero Dawn?

Which game looks better ???

Uncharted 4 A Thiefs End 69 33.33%

Horizon Zero Dawn 56 27.05%

Both games,same graphic-level 24 11.59%

Its really hard to say. 23 11.11%

see results 35 16.91%

Total:207
iNathan said:
Horizon blows Uc4 out of water, seriously impressive and OPEN WORLD, also much better shadows then Uc4 and vegetation!

Im not so sure about the shadows part tho. U4's shadows are amongst the best I've seen in gaming history. 

Around the Network

Uncharted 4 looks better, but Horizon gets bonus points for being open world.

So close. UC4 based on the thread title. HZD based on game design.

I think Uncharted 4 looks better. It feels alive and just has more polish. Horizon looks great in screenshots and even in motion but there's something I can't put my finger on that makes its world look and feel artificial and bland.

Dr.Vita said:
Uncharted 4 looks better imo but it's very hard to tell because Horizon is an Open World game.
spemanig said:
Uncharted 4 by a "law of diminishing returns" mile. Which is no surprise, considering how big horizon is by comparison.
poklane said:
Uncharted 4 looks better, but Horizon gets bonus points for being open world.

Yes, ok - you are right :) Horizon Zero Dawn is a big open world-game. i love the jungle in uncharted 4, it looks so beautiful.

Around the Network

For me Horizon is the winner. Granted both are amazing and look basically equally good but I give Horizon points for its amazing open world

Uncharted 4 looks better, but I think Horizon is more impressive. The seemless open world is pretty massive, and it looks absolutely gorgeous. 

Plus, creatures like the ThunderJaw... just look insanely good. I feel in love with Horizon's world. Uncharted 4 more fascinated me with Naughty Dog's attention to the most minute details. 

Edit: The Lost Legacy is an interesting topic. ND said it would be more open than UC4, so let's wait and see what they mean. That PSX gameplay was already very stunning, but then again it is Naughty Dog lol

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

d21lewis said:
I think Uncharted 4 looks better. It feels alive and just has more polish. Horizon looks great in screenshots and even in motion but there's something I can't put my finger on that makes its world look and feel artificial and bland.

It's probably all of the robots.

...I'll step out now.

spemanig said:
d21lewis said:

It's probably all of the robots.

...I'll step out now.

Lol! You may have a point...

Actually, I thought about that. I think it's just the way the world reacts to Aloy. Often, animals are on set paths, water doesn't behave believably, plants don't move, etc. The whole thing turns into something that looks great but is subliminally​ off putting for me.

Meanwhile Uncharted goes into detail overload! It's unfair, of course. One is open world and one, despite huge environments at times, is more linear.

Both look great, but I might have to give the upper hand to Uncharted 4. Some of those environments are just pure eye candy.