By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - This is how Voice chat on the Switch will work

Happy with how Voice Chat wil be handled?

Yes 32 9.30%

No 244 70.93%

its whatever... 68 19.77%

Total:344

That headset looks really cool actually, and it's awesome that's in game Splatoon gear too, it'd be cool if this releases outside of Japan.

Around the Network

This is just ridiculous. We're in 2017 and nintendo is still dropping the ball on this...

There needs to at least come some sort of bluetoothdongle so that this can be used in docked mode, but in all honesty if this is true I don't think nintendos voice chat will be used much no matter what they do.

In before nintendo drops the voicechat function because nobody uses it. "There isn't demand for it, as shown with the switch."

IsawYoshi said:
This is just ridiculous. We're in 2017 and nintendo is still dropping the ball on this...

There needs to at least come some sort of bluetoothdongle so that this can be used in docked mode, but in all honesty if this is true I don't think nintendos voice chat will be used much no matter what they do.

In before nintendo drops the voicechat function because nobody uses it. "There isn't demand for it, as shown with the switch."

I wonder if this is a world record. The Switch might actually be the only mobile device released in the past 5 years without bluetooth.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

One step forward and two steps back. Never change, Nintendo.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

That doesn't look very practical. So if you're playing in docked mode you have to be close to the dock? -_-'

Meh.

Around the Network

That headset looks awesome!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Doesn't really affect me much as I've already set up a wireless bluetooth adapter for use with my wireless gaming headset. I find it hard to get too outraged about voice communication and such on consoles, as it's always been so terrible compared to options available on the PC; to this day the PS4's is a mess, and when we gather into a group there's always some of us who can't hear another specific person and so forth. It's been four years and they've not fixed something so basic.

Still, given how they planned this out I just can't give Nintendo a pass for not including Bluetooth capabilities in the Switch itself. It's just mind blowing to me that they decided that wasn't an essential feature, especially as smart phones are starting to phase out the audio jack entirely.

Regardless, I've already got a work around that I'm pretty sure will let me use voice chat without having to directly connect the headset/switch/phone with wires, but I imagine the average consumer isn't going to put the effort into finding such a solution.

WTF is that?

Jranation said:
That headset looks awesome!

Wow someone really can be positive about it.

if Nintendo made one horrible, shitty mistake with the switch, it was not adding bluetooth headset support to the console, and not giving the pro controller and/or one of the joycons a stereo+mic 3.5mm jack.

no matter how you look at it, the solution using a smartphone is fucking awful.