By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft partner's Mixed Reality headsets are shamelessly copying PSVR design

Sony copying Nintendo again!

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
RavenXtra said:
How do you suggest they drastically change wearing a giant camera on your face?

This feels like reaching. It's a pair of VR like goggles. They are pretty limited in what form they can take.

Hey look Sony a few years ago ripped off SEGA!

Look they not only riped SEGA off in look but also ripped SEGA off by having a model with no skin color!

rofl what a funny thread.

It's not that big a deal. I think they're entitled to use a similar design. Psvr looks awesome so I'm not surprised they went with similar.

If this is described as being shameless i don't even what to know what you would call what Sony does in regard to Nintendo.

Around the Network

So, you complain about the headband? The one which people say is best from PSVR? Why exactly should companies use another one? WTF...

I mean, there is a whole damn VR headset for games Sony is selling AFTER other companies started to sell it but the headband, now how can companies start to use a similar headband!

"Without Oculus' success on Kickstarter Sony would have never released a PSVR"

crissindahouse said:

So, you complain about the headband? The one which people say is best from PSVR? Why exactly should companies use another one? WTF...

I mean, there is a whole damn VR headset for games Sony is selling AFTER other companies started to sell it but the headband, now how can companies start to use a similar headband!

What is that quote from?  Because, from what I understand, Sony started working on VR around 2010-2011 and made the Move with VR in mind.

pokoko said:
crissindahouse said:

What is that quote from?  Because, from what I understand, Sony started working on VR around 2010-2011 and made the Move with VR in mind.

Probably just a leap in logic or wishful thinking.

This thread is reaching just a bit...l

pokoko said:
crissindahouse said:

Look at my previous post. That headset is from 2008. Sony had a VR thing for PS2 as well. in the 90s some headset for PC tho it wasn't VR. SEGA had a headset in the 90s and 80s. Atari same thing. Why I find it funny people think VR is new. Older than most the people on this forum.