By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 production officially ended in Japan!

Tagged games:

aLkaLiNE said:

Welp, time to go pick up a spare PS3 I guess.

Despite the shortcomings and difficulties of the PS3, I love the shit out of mine for all its quirks included.

Same. It's an all time fav system for me. Had 4, which is still my record for a single platform. My launch 60gb was fried by a lightning strike. I've got 3 atm. 2 slims on the go and a super-slim in the box. That's where I got the Sly code for the raffle a few weeks back. Love it so much I wish I would have bought another super-slim. Still use it for games, movies, and music.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Still got my July 2009 phat. The only downside is the small 160GB HDD. But damn it's hard to go back to using the DS3 after experiencing the DS4 goodness. I wish Sony would do a firmware update for PS3 to make DS4 able to work on PS3.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

zippy said:
Can we now say that Wii won that gen :)

No point saying it now that has been said many years ago. In both hardware sold and commercial success the wii did fantastically well. The huge investment in the cell processor ad cost of bnuilding the console plus the RROD disaster for xbox 360 costing billions meant there was only one real winner anyway. Nintendo pretty much just re-launched the Gamecube in a new box with a waggle controller meaning huge profits on the hardware alone. For me personally I had more fun with the ps3 and 360 though, their much stronger performance level created much richer game experiences overall. I don't think I'd be exaggerating to say I played both ps3 and 360 an easy ten times as much as wii and much of my time on wii was playing my old gamecube games anyway. 

Man, 2009. I'll never forget that how they made PS3 slim looked way better than previous, better price, epic commercials and a masterpiece game, Uncharted 2.

Had its ups and downs. Sony really managed to turn things around in the end :)

Around the Network

PS2 is King

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Guess the US Air Force will have to look for an alternative for their supercomputer. =/

Goodbye Cell, I liked you! Sure, you were hard to handle and all, but when somebody treated you right, the results were mind-blowing. It's crazy to think that dat CPU is still more capable than the CPU in the PS4 when it comes to floating point operations. You were just ahead of your time, lil cell. Rest well now.

Seriously though, PS3 was one of the best consoles I ever had, second only to the SNES.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

zippy said:

Yeah Wii went over 101m.

PS3 might be undertracked on VGC but its probably not over 90m, and if production is ending thats it for it.

Likely to end that gen, with over 10m lead.

Wii won.

bonzobanana said:
zippy said:

No point saying it now that has been said many years ago. In both hardware sold and commercial success the wii did fantastically well. The huge investment in the cell processor ad cost of bnuilding the console plus the RROD disaster for xbox 360 costing billions meant there was only one real winner anyway. Nintendo pretty much just re-launched the Gamecube in a new box with a waggle controller meaning huge profits on the hardware alone. For me personally I had more fun with the ps3 and 360 though, their much stronger performance level created much richer game experiences overall. I don't think I'd be exaggerating to say I played both ps3 and 360 an easy ten times as much as wii and much of my time on wii was playing my old gamecube games anyway. 

And now Nintendo is relaunching Wii U in a new box called Switch where the controller is the console.

I'm a late PS3 owner and I'm still in love with PS3. I had a great time with Wii, but PS3 wins in my opinion.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Hahahaha. From day one I said Sony will have to stop production of the PS3 because nobody buys it and I was RIGHT!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’