Forums - Sony Discussion - I have an eerie feeling Sony is going to hold some announcements for PSX

twintail said:
Hasn't this been obvious since PSX began?

The only PSX that i've seen was in 2016. 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Actually I don't think they will, they should announce what they can this E3 because their competitors are now with new hardware and even as the PS4 will keeping doing well regardless, it's a key moment to drop what they have as well, so word of mouth/media coverage can keep more balanced, instead of saving it for PSX.
Sure, they'll have new things on PSX, probably the first TLoU2 gameplay like they did for Uncharted 4 back in 2014, but unless they really aren't able to show it now, I don't think Sony will be holding any major annoucement on purpose. I feel like this PSX will be more like 2014 than 2015 or 2016.

Interestling. So you think that if they should hold back on VR and secondary devices in favor of laying out their competitors at E3? You might be onto something. Gives us something to converse about and speculate because we already have educated knowledge of all of the gameplay trailers that we can expect. I just cannot wait. 

shikamaru317 said:
Of course they will, they do it every year. The also save a few for Gamescom/TGS/Paris Games Week usually.

True, but i've only seen one live which was last year. Forgive me for not knowing that. Its just that last gen PSX made so many waves that people started to notice. 

I think E3 will only have Bloodborne 2 as announcement and lots of release windows and trailers and possibly the new Sucker punch game. At PSX I expect more news on matterfal and something by Japan studios maybe in collaboration with Capcom in the form of deep down.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

S.T.A.G.E. said:
twintail said:
Hasn't this been obvious since PSX began?

The only PSX that i've seen was in 2016. 

Fair enough.

2014 was the debut gameplay of UC4 and SF5 was announced.

2015 was debut gameplay of FF7, Ace Combat 7 was announced with NNK2. 

There are a lot of digital only Sony made games announced too.

PSX is a place to keep big announcements too, especially in light of the fact that Sony may have dropped their EU presser (they didnt have last year and moved it to a new show the year before).

Around the Network

Sony is good at showing things way too early...

- Death Stranding: announced at E3 2016, we haven't even seen gameplay yet or what kind of game it will be.
- Final Fantasy VII Remake: announced at E3 2015, but they only recently entered the development phase...
- Shenmue III: announced at E3 2015, we haven't even seen gameplay yet.
- Dreams: announced at E3 2015, haven't seen much of it since.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

I don't think they save anything, they're going to announce games appropriate to the conference. Most of their game big games will be announced at E3. TGS is completely shit now, and I don't think we'll get a Gamescom/PGW because they'll probably just make PSX big again like they did last year. And of course announce games when they're actually able to, ie if a team can get a trailer/reveal ready.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Alkibiádēs said:

- Death Stranding: announced at E3 2016, we haven't even seen gameplay yet or what kind of game it will be.
- Final Fantasy VII Remake: announced at E3 2015, but they only recently entered the development phase...

what a bizarre post. half of what you mentioned is not even up to Sony to decide.

DS is not even a year old, and this is Kojima, he loves making trailers for this games for every event possible.

FF7 is not Sony's game: SE decided when to announce it. And we have seen gameplay. And we have no idea what that posting is even ultimately for. After all, CyberConnect have been working on the development side too so its not just an SE only effort.

Shenmue 3 is also not Sony's game. They helped to promote a Kickstarter (which inevitably helped it a lot). Rest if up to Yu Suzuki and co to show off gameplay when they can.

And Dreams has had a lot of content shown off for it, just not at events. Sure, this one is on Sony but there is content, from creation to gameplay. 

I have a feeling that water is wet. Sony always has something new at PSX.

Alkibiádēs said:

You forgot:

-Wild: Announced at Gamescom 2014, only been shown once since then at Paris Games Week 2015
-Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice- Announced at Gamescom 2014, and has barely been seen since then.
-Lily Bergamo: Announced in April 2013, it finally released as Let It Die in December 2016, 3 and a half years later.
-Deep Down: Announced at the PS4 reveal event in early 2013, only shown once since then.

And of course last gen there was:

-Agent: Announced at E3 2009, hasn't been shown since then.
-The Last Guardian: Announced at E3 2009, didn't release until 2016.

Of course MS and Nintendo have also been guilty of announcing some stuff too early this gen, though it hasn't been as bad as Sony for either of them.