By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I have an eerie feeling Sony is going to hold some announcements for PSX

There certainly will be some significant (though probably not extremely significant) announcements as PSX, as there always are.

I don't care when they announce them, but I hope that sometime soon we hear about some new PSVR stuff. I'd like to get a sense of whether they're going to give it real support going forward. One has to worry about that with Sony.

As for Vita, we already know where it stands - forgotten by Sony, fading from everyone else's memory. They're not likely to announce an "official" retirement for it though.

Around the Network

I think they will stick to their already working format:

Show 3 games that will blow people's minds every E3. A combination of revived from death, sequel long forgotten and a classic remade.

I can see PSX showing more niche / AA Indie games as well as showing more gameplay and features from games already announced. Probably some new f2p games too.

VGPolyglot said:
Umm, don't they save announcements for PSX every year? It's nothing new. If they didn't announce anything big PSX would be pointless.

Well..i've only caught up with PSX last year, so my thought process is that they would hold back games for PSX because they have to remind us as to why their pitch with VR is legitimate. Thats all I am saying. It gives them room because they have so much to show. Not only that, but some announces might be ready to be revealed by that point.

RolStoppable said:
VGPolyglot said:
Umm, don't they save announcements for PSX every year? It's nothing new. If they didn't announce anything big PSX would be pointless.

Come on, let S.T.A.G.E. have this.

LOL I think I worded it wrong, but bless your heart still. I just feel like Sonys list of games is too large and they are going to have to force some new reveals back. I mean more than last year.

twintail said:
Hasn't this been obvious since PSX began?

The only PSX that i've seen was in 2016. 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Actually I don't think they will, they should announce what they can this E3 because their competitors are now with new hardware and even as the PS4 will keeping doing well regardless, it's a key moment to drop what they have as well, so word of mouth/media coverage can keep more balanced, instead of saving it for PSX.
Sure, they'll have new things on PSX, probably the first TLoU2 gameplay like they did for Uncharted 4 back in 2014, but unless they really aren't able to show it now, I don't think Sony will be holding any major annoucement on purpose. I feel like this PSX will be more like 2014 than 2015 or 2016.

Interestling. So you think that if they should hold back on VR and secondary devices in favor of laying out their competitors at E3? You might be onto something. Gives us something to converse about and speculate because we already have educated knowledge of all of the gameplay trailers that we can expect. I just cannot wait. 

shikamaru317 said:
Of course they will, they do it every year. The also save a few for Gamescom/TGS/Paris Games Week usually.

True, but i've only seen one live which was last year. Forgive me for not knowing that. Its just that last gen PSX made so many waves that people started to notice. 

I think E3 will only have Bloodborne 2 as announcement and lots of release windows and trailers and possibly the new Sucker punch game. At PSX I expect more news on matterfal and something by Japan studios maybe in collaboration with Capcom in the form of deep down.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Sony is good at showing things way too early...

- Death Stranding: announced at E3 2016, we haven't even seen gameplay yet or what kind of game it will be.
- Final Fantasy VII Remake: announced at E3 2015, but they only recently entered the development phase...
- Shenmue III: announced at E3 2015, we haven't even seen gameplay yet.
- Dreams: announced at E3 2015, haven't seen much of it since.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

I don't think they save anything, they're going to announce games appropriate to the conference. Most of their game big games will be announced at E3. TGS is completely shit now, and I don't think we'll get a Gamescom/PGW because they'll probably just make PSX big again like they did last year. And of course announce games when they're actually able to, ie if a team can get a trailer/reveal ready.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"