By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Insane Lie about Xbox Live being the Biggest Gaming Platform (Proof Inside)

Every article I have read on the investor meeting comments except the DualShockers one you linked says they believe by "biggest gaming network" he was referencing the amount of money it makes. Fire up a tweet to Papa Phil and ask him why he thinks PSN makes less money.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
So much hate its laughable.

Learn what a lie is before calling someone/something a liar especially before making a thread.

A lie is an intentionally false statement. 

This is a Lie. They stated that they were the largest gaming social network. Steam is bigger. That's basically the end.

PSN is bigger but steam eclipses them both. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Over 230 million users on Steam? Damn!

jason1637 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Steam also allows you to make a community like that which has those functionalities... Steam also has ways to see activity feeds of what your friends are doing and the ability to do broadcasts and etc... Steam also has party chat... 

Well I've been on Steam for a while and didn't know you can create a community. I know it has something that allows you to interact with others but it's more of a forum than a community. Also since when did steam have party chat and a proper activity feed?

For quite a few years now... You can view the activity feed by hovering your mouse over your profile and clicking on "Activity." It will show what people you have been following and your friends have been doing. You can create a group by doing the similar thing and then going into group > create a group. And you can find the rest by googling.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

SvennoJ said:
Captain_Yuri said:

But steam can do party chat... As well as plenty of other things like live broadcasting and etc... Not sure what youtube and netflix has to do with anything cause those are both third party...

Last gen it was behind the paywall on 360. I didn't know there was party chat integrated with Steam, I only have 1 Steam friend with 5 hour time difference :/

Anyway somehow XBox Live is seen as social and Steam isn't according to MS? Maybe Steam doesn't count as it's free to use. That whole presentation was about milking users. Nadella mentioned that Xbox Live is the biggest gaming social network, and monetizes far more than any other gaming social network. They include 500m windows 10 users in their social gaming network, still only 25% of Facebook though.

Yea idk wut MS is thinking

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
zero129 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

But steam can do party chat... As well as plenty of other things like live broadcasting and etc... Not sure what youtube and netflix has to do with anything cause those are both third party...

I can still never figure out why people use 3rd party apps to do party chat when steam has the feature build in for years now.

Well I use something like Discord cause all my friends who both do and do not have steam are on it. So when we need to do party chat, it's just faster on there since we can just all go to the channel instead of having to add people to the party on steam. But back in my highschool days when we used to play mw2 like a whore, me and my friends only used steam's party chat since other methods were just meh.

iNathan said:

And this is why i don´t like them, they lie and they LIE BIG.

That's pretty bad but I think I've seen worse.

Moderated - Miguel

LudicrousSpeed said:
Every article I have read on the investor meeting comments except the DualShockers one you linked says they believe by "biggest gaming network" he was referencing the amount of money it makes. Fire up a tweet to Papa Phil and ask him why he thinks PSN makes less money.

That^^ Most likely the CEO of Microsoft cares and talk more about money and revenues than the number of "gamers" out there; that's why they are where they are...

Also, I think you need to chill... I mean  others (Sony included) are coming out with stuff worse than that a lot of time. Not even going to talk about the power of the cell here but well :)

Also, weird logic, how do you come up with 39 millions active users in 2 weeks = 70 millions monthly... If anything the 2 numbers are most likely closer to each other than almost doubled... It is not like half of the Steam users are only playing 2 weeks per month...

Imaginedvl said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

That^^ Most likely the CEO of Microsoft cares and talk more about money and revenues than the number of "gamers" out there; that's why they are where they are...

"Nadella mentioned that Xbox Live is the biggest gaming social network, and monetizes far more than any other gaming social network."

Hmm, he does seem to be talking about revenue.