By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony PS4 partners with FIFA 18 to combat Xbox Scorpio launch – rumor

KLAMarine said:
Wouldn't EA be interested in pushing EA Access? Something not available on PS4?

Money talks... and football is much more popular in europe than the US...also PS4 is many times more popular there.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Kerotan said:

Maybe they decided not to waste money this gen and instead double down or go all in at the start of next gen. Might aswell save their money for the next round of consoles. 

If that was the plan, they'd kickstart their next gen early, 360-style.

Not saying what I said is fact but it's definitely possible.  They'd not want to kick-start it early because it's way too soon.  2020 is the perfect time to do it.  They can lick their wounds and go all in. Maybe they'll just slowly give up but either is possible. 

lol where's the guy that told me yesterday Switch would become the console for FIFA 😂😂😂

And Fifa is one of the worthless games i could give a slight care about. If MS choose to ignore it completely will probably be a good thing. Coming from a guy who has a strong half of European blood in him.

I simply do not like soccer. Sony can use there resources for it. Id rather MS spend there $$$ on games i would play.

Just my opinion. 

Yea FIFA is so worthless. Clearly you don't see how much it sells every year

Around the Network

RIP Europe for scorpio

Azzanation said:

And Fifa is one of the worthless games i could give a slight care about. If MS choose to ignore it completely will probably be a good thing. Coming from a guy who has a strong half of European blood in him.

I simply do not like soccer. Sony can use there resources for it. Id rather MS spend there $$$ on games i would play.

Just my opinion. 

Your opinion is worthless (saying it in the kindest way). The VGChartz community is very niche. 

I don't disagree with your opinion at all. Heck, I agree with you completely. These games are always the same and nothing new. However, consumers hold much different viewpoints. A PS4 bundle with FIFA would bring devastating results to the Scorpio. For a typical European who's gaming knowledge revolves around smartphones and the Super Nintendo/Wii, a PS4 bundle for £299 would obliterate anything Microsoft brings

monocle_layton said:
Azzanation said:

Just my opinion. 

Your opinion is worthless (saying it in the kindest way). The VGChartz community is very niche. 

I don't disagree with your opinion at all. Heck, I agree with you completely. These games are always the same and nothing new. However, consumers hold much different viewpoints. A PS4 bundle with FIFA would bring devastating results to the Scorpio. For a typical European who's gaming knowledge revolves around smartphones and the Super Nintendo/Wii, a PS4 bundle for £299 would obliterate anything Microsoft brings

I don't disagree with you at all. It is my opinion. Do i play my games because of the mass fifa-holics in europe? No. I havnt even bothered to play FIFA 13 which was given to me for free. Does a product thats sole audience is America care? Most likely not either. Fifa didnt help the X1 launch when bundled. Why would Fifa 18?

Azzanation said:
monocle_layton said:

I don't disagree with you at all. It is my opinion. Do i play my games because of the mass fifa-holics in europe? No. I havnt even bothered to play FIFA 13 which was given to me for free. Does a product thats sole audience is America care? Most likely not either. Fifa didnt help the X1 launch when bundled. Why would Fifa 18?

Any big name combined with the PS4 will hurt the XB1. Replace Fifa with Madden and you may or may not see more damage in the American market- not too sure.

The Scorpio however will enter a difficult market- to an average consumer, why would they go for a $400-500 console with NO game instead of a console for $299 WITH a game? 

hope for a switch fifa in europe too.
for those who want to share the play on the go, instead of being tv locked.