By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony PS4 partners with FIFA 18 to combat Xbox Scorpio launch – rumor

R.I.P scorpio, if true

http://twitter.com/skyer7

3ds: 4270-1889-2005

Around the Network

Fifa in the EU and Destiny/COD in the US is gonna make it a uphill battle for MS. no point in mentioning Japan.

I hope Nintendo partners with Pokemon and Mario Kart 9 for the PS5 release.

Price cut and/or new model would be good too.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Isn't FIFA always partnered with Sony?

That would be massive overkill but Sony really are on a roll this gen so I wouldn't put it past them.

They'd have cod: WW2, Battlefront 2 and fifa marketing this holiday.

And then first quarter next year they have RDR2 and far cry 5. Add on their first party offerings like gran turismo, God of war etc and they have everything covered.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
twintail said:

Not so worthless when they can bundle it with PS4Pro (and no extra price) and MS wont be able to do the same.

Well I'd assume anyone who hasn't already bought a console for FIFA14, 15, 16 or 17 yet... won't really be interested in buying one for 18 either

Well, I guess it would make a very good christmas present for kids that don't have the game already. Userbase can still grow a lot and I think this game would be the perfect default bundle. Besides, this deal gave some sort of life to Xbone so if the objective is to kill it's legs I'm sure it will have some impact. 

MS aren't that strong in Europe anyway, this won't make a huge difference at all in the long run.

That would certainly hamper Microsoft's goal of establishing itself in Europe.

I really hope this isn't true, though... something about this sort of thing, as well as "timed exclusives", have always rubbed me the wrong way and are a couple trends over the past two generations that I'm not particularly fond of.

This does again show that Sony seems to be taking the potential competition from Scorpio more seriously than most people are... reminds me of when Disney would bring old classics back to the theaters in the 80's and 90's whenever another animation studio was releasing a film haha

Ka-pi96 said:
FIT_Gamer said:
Isn't FIFA always partnered with Sony?

It's been with Microsoft for years, hence why the Xbox version has had exclusive content.

Shows how much I pay attention to EA Sports games lol. 

RolStoppable said:
I don't think Microsoft will care too much. A console manufacturer who has an honest interest in selling as many consoles as possible makes exclusive games for it. Microsoft doesn't do this anymore. That's a bigger sign of what's to come than the reduction of marketing deals with third parties over the past couple of years.

Maybe they decided not to waste money this gen and instead double down or go all in at the start of next gen. Might aswell save their money for the next round of consoles.