By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 4-8-17

Qwark said:
markodeniro said:

I would think people on this site that can't get one will import if they want one so much, as for your average Joe they probably don't know it's region free or even what that means.

One of the problems in Europe is that there are as many types of powerplugs as there are languages in Europe. The Germans, UK, France all have a different kind of powerplug. With Sony that usually isn't a problem since it uses a standard EU something powercable that goes into the console. I don't know if that rule also applies for Nintendo though.

I ordered another Vita from Japan a few months ago and the power plug was the last thing I thought about. It phased me for about 30 seconds until I remembered I had an adaptor I bought previously for another device.

Solved :)

Around the Network
setsunatenshi said:
Qwark said:

One of the problems in Europe is that there are as many types of powerplugs as there are languages in Europe. The Germans, UK, France all have a different kind of powerplug. With Sony that usually isn't a problem since it uses a standard EU something powercable that goes into the console. I don't know if that rule also applies for Nintendo though.

I ordered another Vita from Japan a few months ago and the power plug was the last thing I thought about. It phased me for about 30 seconds until I remembered I had an adaptor I bought previously for another device.

It's an easy fix I imported my PS4 from UK and bought a cheap Dutch power cable for it. But sometimes you have devices which don't support regular adaptors especially apple is fond of those things and the DS line also had some odd plugs. If you have to buy an official Nintendo adaptor that will cost you some bugs. For some people enough to not import things.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

setsunatenshi said:
VGPolyglot said:

They need to increase stock then.

Plenty of stock here in europe.

SkyerIst_Huiesos said:
I can confirm that there are a lot of NS in Russia. People just don't need them, it seems ((

Inbefore Europe = Sony land.

And yes I consider Russia part of europe.

In denmark there is now pleny of stock.

Ive even seen them drop the price from 2999 kr (which was like the base price) down to like 2700 kr.

2999kr = 450$ , and 2700kr = 406$

I can understand why Nitnendo doesnt sell in Europe.

It has crazy f***ing prices! >_<'

You can get a PS4slim (500gb) with CoD for like 1499kr (225$ usd)

Why the switch is priced over twice as much here.... I dont know.

Ka-pi96 said:
Qwark said:

Really? I thought all you mainlanders used the same and it was just us Brits that were different

Nope France, Belgium and others uses type E with 3 plugs, while Germany, The Netherlands and others generally use type F and type C. In my opinion Europe should just accept type C for everything. 

http://www.worldstandards.eu/electricity/plugs-and-sockets/

Many type F plugs don't have that extra hole in them so they can not be plugged into a type G wall socket. Happened multiple times to me while camping.

Qwark said:
setsunatenshi said:

It's an easy fix I imported my PS4 from UK and bought a cheap Dutch power cable for it. But sometimes you have devices which don't support regular adaptors especially apple is fond of those things and the DS line also had some odd plugs. If you have to buy an official Nintendo adaptor that will cost you some bugs. For some people enough to not import things.

Remember you don't need an entire new cable. Just the ending between the wall socket and your cable. Should cost you less than 5 Eur in any local hardware store :D

Around the Network
setsunatenshi said:
Qwark said:

Remember you don't need an entire new cable. Just the ending between the wall socket and your cable. Should cost you less than 5 Eur in any local hardware store :D

True enough I buy my console where it is available and I don't mind removing the plug stripping a part of the cable and put a new plug on it. Or just buy a converter and never look at it again. But some people rather wait than go trough thst or are worried about warranty which is probably why they prefer to wait for their Switch to arrive in their own country. Or the Switch just isn't as popular in Europe as it is in Japan and North America. But that's an unpopular view on VG.

Qwark said:
setsunatenshi said:

True enough I buy my console where it is available and I don't mind removing the plug stripping a part of the cable and put a new plug on it. Or just buy a converter and never look at it again. But some people rather wait than go trough thst or are worried about warranty which is probably why they prefer to wait for their Switch to arrive in their own country. Or the Switch just isn't as popular in Europe as it is in Japan and North America. But that's an unpopular view on VG.

Oh no... how dare you!? Off with his head!

:D

Ka-pi96 said:
Qwark said:

Really? I thought all you mainlanders used the same and it was just us Brits that were different

As far as I know you're right. I know for fact That germany, france, spain, greece and Scandinavia use the same type of powerplugs. Not sure about eastern europe, but in western Europe they all adhere to the same standart. UK is the only odd one out :P

Edit: Ok, apparently I stand corrected, but I've been using german plugs in french outlets with zero problems my whole live. (I have family in all of the countries I listed above). In fact european plugs also work with the ones they use in India, but I was never sure how healthy that is for the device.

PS4 is doing fantastic!!! Nothing can stop it!!!

KLAMarine said:
Tmfwang said:

In Norway (In Europe) it's been in stock at ALL major retailers for some time now, doesn't seem to be too popular.

source: https://www.prisjakt.no/product.php?p=3154603

It's no surprise there is stock: if I understand things correctly, the cheapest Switch on that page costs 3545 krone which is about 534 dollars as of this post!

https://www.bing.com/search?q=3545+krone+dollars&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=3545+krone+dollars&sc=0-18&sk=&cvid=19A08BE056F043A4844AE76544FFC677

Compared to a vanilla PS4's price of 1490 or 1990 krone (225 or 300 dollars respectively) ( https://www.prisjakt.no/category.php?k=1707#rparams=ss=ps4 ) a Switch is very expensive.

Now I'm no economics major but I'm going to say things in high demand tend to fetch a higher price than usual and that's something we're seeing in the US for example where Switch units are marked up by about 100 or so dollars as of this post, sometimes even more.

Maybe the laws of supply and demand work differently in Norway? What say you Tmfwang?

Well, 3545NOK equals 422USD actually :) That is including taxes :)

Its actually not that bad :) Same price as the PS4 was at launch :)

As you can maybe see as well, the Switch is the 3rd (on prisjakt.no) most popular product on prisjakt, if that means anything.

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1