By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 4-8-17

markodeniro said:
setsunatenshi said:

What's stopping anyone in the uk from ordering from elsewhere in europe? Buy in bulk even and make a profit if stock is so low there. They even seemed to drop in price since the release date in some stores.

Where in Europe are you?, i'm in Holland and i havn't seen one since launch.

In Poland right now. In Portugal is a similar situation though.

Again, the question is... if there's that much demand there, why not import from a different country here in the single market?

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
KLAMarine said:

No reason these lost buyers can't regain interest at a later date.

And some will, but not all.

And some weren't interested initially but will be later on. It's a mixed bag.

Kerotan said:
Plenty of Switch stock here in ireland

How many retailers did you visit to make this determination?

KLAMarine said:
curl-6 said:

And some will, but not all.

But on balance they still lose buyers by not having stock. Those later buyers would have bought it later anyway.

curl-6 said:
KLAMarine said:

But on balance they still lose buyers by not having stock. Those later buyers would have bought it later anyway.

You have a point. Hopefully production will amp up especially prior to the holidays.

setsunatenshi said:
markodeniro said:

Where in Europe are you?, i'm in Holland and i havn't seen one since launch.

In Poland right now. In Portugal is a similar situation though.

Again, the question is... if there's that much demand there, why not import from a different country here in the single market?

Maybe shipping cost would potentially wipe out any profit to be made or make profit too small to be worth the trouble?

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Kerotan said:
Plenty of Switch stock here in ireland

Congrats, go and buy one for all those that live in countries with big console markets.

I believe Ireland has the highest percentage of gamers per population of any country.  We're not huge but we're not irrelevant either. 

People who haven't been able to find a Switch and want to buy one, please raise your hand. I'm sure we can figure something out.

Kerotan said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Congrats, go and buy one for all those that live in countries with big console markets.

I believe Ireland has the highest percentage of gamers per population of any country.  We're not huge but we're not irrelevant either.

But you are pretty much irrelevant, 4.5m people in a country can't have a big console market.

Well the jig is up, guys. Vgchartz forum members have established indisputably that there are no Switch stock shortages anywhere in the world. Looks like our plot to suggest that some people who would otherwise buy one can't easily at the moment has been foiled again.

Would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids etc

Great numbers for the Switch and PS4. Poor Xbox it can't even sell the half of what the others do.