By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Wii be considered Nintando's Greatest Console Ever!

skeezer said:
Well as we can see, wii is on its way to be nintendos greatest selling system(possibly over 100 million) but do you think its the best , past the nes and snes and any future consoles they may release?

At this point in time?  No.  The Wii does not offer enough to deserve this title... yet.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Griffin said:
I personally feel it is the second worst Nintendo console, with VB being the worst. I can't stand what Nintendo has done to their home console, i also feel that the wii-mote is going backwards and offers nothing to gaming. But for sales it is a success.

Heh, this is very reminiscent of the N64 and PSX. I had a friend who only owned a PSX. I owned it, the N64, and the Saturn. No matter how much I told him how great joysticks were he said they were a useless feature. Called them a step back from the D-Pad. Said they were less responsive and slow.

I guess some people are just able to use some controllers more effectively then others, the first time used the N64 controller it just felt right, and after about 15 minutes i mastered dual analog FPS games.  I think it was the Saturn controller with the 6buttons instead of 4 , i could never get the hang of that.  The same with the wii-mote, have used it for about 10hours of gaming and could never get the hang of it.  Its just like the computer FPS guys that try to use controllers for FPS games, they just fail at it.

The PS2 is probably the best console ever from any company, imo, the DS is second, but I'll put handhelds aside for now.

The SNES is the best Nintendo console, gamewise.

The NES is second.

The N64 is third, only because it lacked any games from the RPG genre, besides Paper Mario, which is amazing.

The Gamecube and Wii are tied, because of Wind Waker pushing the cube up to current Wii levels.

Now, I do predict that the Wii will probably be the best Nintendo console before it's all said and done, simply because of sales, as sales determine developer support, and sales like the Wii has right now, mean the console is around for a long time, and already the Wii has reached Gamecube levels with actual games(Since ports do cancel out original games from previous consoles imo). By this time next year, when Kart, Okami, and Icarus have came out, it'll have passed the Cube by far.

Don't forget games like Bully are available for the Wii, which significantly diversify its library like the Gamecube did not. Killer 7 and No More Heroes cancel each other out.

In fact, I did a comparitive list Gamecube vs Wii not too long ago, and found that they were to close to call.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Griffin said:
naznatips said:
Griffin said:
I personally feel it is the second worst Nintendo console, with VB being the worst. I can't stand what Nintendo has done to their home console, i also feel that the wii-mote is going backwards and offers nothing to gaming. But for sales it is a success.

Heh, this is very reminiscent of the N64 and PSX. I had a friend who only owned a PSX. I owned it, the N64, and the Saturn. No matter how much I told him how great joysticks were he said they were a useless feature. Called them a step back from the D-Pad. Said they were less responsive and slow.

I guess some people are just able to use some controllers more effectively then others, the first time used the N64 controller it just felt right, and after about 15 minutes i mastered dual analog FPS games. I think it was the Saturn controller with the 6buttons instead of 4 , i could never get the hang of that. The same with the wii-mote, have used it for about 10hours of gaming and could never get the hang of it. Its just like the computer FPS guys that try to use controllers for FPS games, they just fail at it.

I know the feeling.  Play FPS game with dual analogs makes me want to take a sledgehammer to the controller.  I can play them with the Wiimote, but even then it's just not the same as my keyboard and mouse.  

I think it's worse Nintendo console ever made. It's the first time Nintendo went for hype and other bullshit over quality and gameplay. Nintendo's consoles are usually the best of their generation, but this this time around it's by far the worse. Calling the best Nintendo console ever is pretty damn stupid.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

You have got to be f***king kidding me Riot. HYPE!??! That was Sony's field. Nintendo nevery hyped anthing! They released it, showed what it did, and the FANS hyped it! I think you're being sarcastic, because you own Brawl and play it frequently. If you're being sarcastic, please put a ";)" or"/sarcasm" after your post.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
You have got to be f***king kidding me Riot. HYPE!??! That was Sony's field. Nintendo nevery hyped anthing! They released it, showed what it did, and the FANS hyped it! I think you're being sarcastic, because you own Brawl and play it frequently. If you're being sarcastic, please put a ";)" or"/sarcasm" after your post.

Calm down seabiscuit, it's his own opinion.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

I felt the SNES just had the best library of any console. The N64 had legendary games (Zelda OoT, Mario 64, Golden Eye, Paper Mario, Smash Bros, etc).

Not a huge fan of the original Nintendo. It was great at that time but I just can't get into the games (exept Mario and Zelda). They're a bit too old. The DS is amazing too but it's a handheld and it sais console in the thread tittle. I didn't find the GC impressive but it had some good games.

If the Wii can have the huge, varied library of the SNES with awesome high scores games like on the N64 it will be the best console they ever released. It seems to be heading that way.

For Nintendo, as a company, yes.

For me, no. Nintendo64 will always be the best console ever. It gave birth to some of the best games ever, and to 4-player split screen. N-64 really was "the fun machine".

No, the best is the Snes, but the Wii will be the best after it lifecycle.