By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Wii be considered Nintando's Greatest Console Ever!

Wii has a long way to go in terms of content before it even has a shot at best Nintendo console ever.

It will probably beat N64 and Gamecube this year (gamewise) with Mario Galxy, Zelda TP, Smash Bros Brawl, Metroid 3, Paper Mario, Mario Kart, Resident Evil 4Wii, Fire Emblem, Guitar Hero, WiiSports, WiiFit and Fatal Frame IV.

But: the imo best Nintendo console is SNES, which had games like Super Castlevania, Mega Man, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Donkey Kong Country, Contra, Final Fantasy, Lufia along with a very good Zelda and Mario.
Wii will need more great games to come close to the SNES collection.

Around the Network

No that's the ds.

BengaBenga said:
Wii has a long way to go in terms of content before it even has a shot at best Nintendo console ever.

It will probably beat N64 and Gamecube this year (gamewise) with Mario Galxy, Zelda TP, Smash Bros Brawl, Metroid 3, Paper Mario, Mario Kart, Resident Evil 4Wii, Fire Emblem, Guitar Hero, WiiSports, WiiFit and Fatal Frame IV.

But: the imo best Nintendo console is SNES, which had games like Super Castlevania, Mega Man, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Donkey Kong Country, Contra, Final Fantasy, Lufia along with a very good Zelda and Mario.

There ya go. Respecting other peoples opinions aside, that is the correct anwser.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I once felt the SNES was the best Nintendo system, but the DS has passed it along with every other console. Maybe if the Wii had quality 3rd party games like the DS then it would be a different story.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

The NES is not only Nintendo's greatest console ever,but the greatest console of them all.The NES started it all,it set the basis,the roots of gaming.From there each gaming aspect took its own path,but without the starting point gaming would not have been what it currently is.

The only case I can imagine the Wii exceeding the NES is getting a truly great amount of AAA titles,both 1st and 3rd party.Enough in order to make up for the huge number of totally worthless Wii games.

Of course NES is top in terms of importance.When it comes to gameplay,the DS is the crown holder.

Around the Network

I think it a little too early in the consoles life to judge wether its the best or not, i think we will see a clearer view when the generation matures a bit more (maybe in a year or 2).

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

I would say N-64 was my favorite with SNES a close second. The first PS so far is still my favorite Sony system.

Wii will be the best selling console, but the SNES was so amazing, it would be nearly impossible to beat its quality.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
BengaBenga said:

There ya go. Respecting other peoples opinions aside, that is the correct anwser.

QFT.

SNES holds the crown... at least thats what i personaly think, it just has to i mean Link to the Past, Super Mario World, Super Metroid sums it up really

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L