By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nomura does it again!

bigtakilla said:
Wright said:

Wait a second. Final Fantasy XIII isn't the most panned title, and Nomura wasn't directing that game at any point. Heck, not only it is a Toriyama-directed game, but Nomura only designed the main characters; there was a different art director altogether for everything else.

EDIT: Nomura got also kicked out of FFXV (or Versus), and SE continues to overcharge him with work to do on other games. How is the dude to blame?

Bad character designs are the fault of Nomura. I never said he directed XIII. 

Around the Network

Blowing things out of proportion here. Every KH game has had cut content, that doesn't mean that the games aren't polished or feel finished; it means they had an specififc budget and schedule. If KH3 is found to have like 10 unfinished worlds then that's a bummer, but hey, pretty sure the game will be pretty good regardless, also, why would Nomura be at fault here? Blame Square for putting one guy in charge of 2 of the most anticipated tittles in recent history, all the while participating in a lot of other tittles in minor roles.

I'm now filled with determination.

think-man said:
Nomura takes too many coffee breaks xD

I'm pretty sure if you said this at his face he would spit on you. :P

FFXV being a mess is an unpopular opinion, so I'm going to take what you say with a grain of salt.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Whether this is heresay or not doesn't change the fact that Square Enix is possibly the most incompetent developer/company when it comes to time tables and schedules. The blame can not be put on one guy, but the whole of the company.

Around the Network

What game did he ruin this time?

Nomura online designed the main characters for FF13, just literally the party members. LOL. He wasn't involved in anything other than that.

I think it has a lot more to do with SE than Nomura. The Japan branch of the company seems to be pretty poor with scheduling and development management in general (FF14 is probably the biggest exception), and they seem to have Nomura working on everything they can get him in-front of. Since 2010 he's been credited in some capacity for 27 games (and that doesn't seem to include some of his musical work). Nomura isn't helping the situation, but he's also clearly a very talented guy. It's not often you see someone with success stories in directing, design, composing, and writing :p

potato_hamster said:
VGPolyglot said:
Well, apparently it says that other KH games had cut content too, so it doesn't really sound like it's anything new for the franchise.

Pretty much every video game ever made has cut content. It's just that most times you don't hear about it, especially when many people mis-construe cut content for "the game was rushed" when it can actually happen for a myriad of reasons such as "this game mode just isn't very fun to play".

Yeah, that's true. The main problem is not that they are taking so long to develop it, it's that they annoucned it way too early.

Zekkyou said:

I think it has a lot more to do with SE than Nomura. The Japan branch of the company seems to be pretty poor with scheduling and development management in general (FF14 is probably the biggest exception), and they seem to have Nomura working on everything they can get him in-front of. Since 2010 he's been credited in some capacity for 27 games (and that doesn't seem to include some of his musical work). Nomura isn't helping the situation, but he's also clearly a very talented guy. It's not often you see someone with success stories in directing, design, composing, and writing :p

Oh shit, the guy does music too? Can you name some of his works?