By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nomura does it again!

Well, after the long and painful wait for VS XIII XV and the wonderful mess that turned out to be, and the most panned title (FF XIII), what is next for Nomura? How about not being able to complete Kingdom Hearts III. You know, the game he was "pulled off XV to complete". Well rumors have been circulating that development for that game isn't going well and to make the release schedule of 2018, cuts are going to be made. Yay Nomura!!!! (Seriously though, why is S-E insisting on ruining their great franchises with this guy?)

https://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom-hearts-iii/214025-kingdom-hearts-3-development-leak.html

Around the Network

Im really tired of this blamming on Nomura that has been going on recently.

First, its Square fault announcing KH III when they did, because they knew the game would still take ages to release.Second, Nomura is the director or it is involved on myriad games.He is being stretched thin, so of course the projects are going to face delays because of that.And third, FF XIII Versus not releasing or becoming XV and taking this long to release are not on Nomura, due to reasons 1 and 2.And well, it is the mess we see now because of Tabata.

Now, as for being too perfectionist and thus taking its time to release, that can be Nomura fault.But I prefer they take one extra year with it than rushing an incomplete game like FF XV or butchering it in several pieces like FF 7Remake

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Well, apparently it says that other KH games had cut content too, so it doesn't really sound like it's anything new for the franchise.

Wait a second. Final Fantasy XIII isn't the most panned title, and Nomura wasn't directing that game at any point. Heck, not only it is a Toriyama-directed game, but Nomura only designed the main characters; there was a different art director altogether for everything else.

EDIT: Nomura got also kicked out of FFXV (or Versus), and SE continues to overcharge him with work to do on other games. How is the dude to blame?

VGPolyglot said:
Well, apparently it says that other KH games had cut content too, so it doesn't really sound like it's anything new for the franchise.

So, not an issue he is incapable of completing the game? New gamer philosophy I guess...

Around the Network
Wright said:

Wait a second. Final Fantasy XIII isn't the most panned title, and Nomura wasn't directing that game at any point. Heck, not only it is a Toriyama-directed game, but Nomura only designed the main characters; there was a different art director altogether for everything else.

EDIT: Nomura got also kicked out of FFXV (or Versus), and SE continues to overcharge him with work to do on other games. How is the dude to blame?

Bad character designs are the fault of Nomura. I never said he directed XIII. 

Jesus, what's wrong with the Square side of game development? They need restructuring ASAP. The Enix side of things, more so Yuji Horii/Armor Project that work on the Dragon Quest series pump out good, quality games all the time. Hell, they're developing the same game (Dragon Quest XI) 4 times simultaneously and they're going to hit their target release date (minus the Switch version). Nomura needs to step down from whatever the hell he's doing or at least focus on one project at time and see it through first.

bigtakilla said:

Bad character designs are the fault of Nomura. I never said he directed XIII. 

I don't agree with them being bad character designs, what was so bad about them? And character design aside, you atributed the "panned" XIII entirely on Nomura's resume, following your OP's logic train or what I could infer from it. If it is just what Nomura has done, regardless of how little involvement he has had, why not congratulate him for Theathrythm Final Fantasy, the new Dissidia and Super Smash Bros U?

Ljink96 said:
Jesus, what's wrong with the Square side of game development? They need restructuring ASAP. The Enix side of things, more so Yuji Horii/Armor Project that work on the Dragon Quest series pump out good, quality games all the time. Hell, they're developing the same game (Dragon Quest XI) 4 times simultaneously and they're going to hit their target release date (minus the Switch version). Nomura needs to step down from whatever the hell he's doing or at least focus on one project at time and see it through first.

Thats Square fault.I dont think its like Nomura loves being handled a shitton of p0rojects to deal with the same time.Blame Square managment on this, not Nomura.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

bigtakilla said:

Well, after the long and painful wait for VS XIII XV and the wonderful mess that turned out to be, and the most panned title (FF XIII), what is next for Nomura? How about not being able to complete Kingdom Hearts III. You know, the game he was "pulled off XV to complete". Well rumors have been circulating that development for that game isn't going well and to make the release schedule of 2018, cuts are going to be made. Yay Nomura!!!! (Seriously though, why is S-E insisting on ruining their great franchises with this guy?)

https://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom-hearts-iii/214025-kingdom-hearts-3-development-leak.html

There's nothing wrong with Nomura.  He's amazing.

But Square keeps putting big projects on his plate before he can actually get stuff done, that's the problem.  Heck, he didn't even know that he was going to be in charge of the FF7 remake until sometime after Square decided to remake it.

It's not right, nor ever was right to blame Nomura on anything cause he's been put in this situation.  And of course if he messes up it's only because the big heads are rushing him.  This seems like your typical employee situation from the boss scenario.