By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nomura does it again!

Read this instead - http://kh13.com/news/rumor-kingdom-hearts-iii-to-have-cut-content-and-to-release-in-2018-to-meet-deadline

This is all rumor and the José Álamo guy has been right on some things and wrong on other things.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Wright said:

Wait a second. Final Fantasy XIII isn't the most panned title, and Nomura wasn't directing that game at any point. Heck, not only it is a Toriyama-directed game, but Nomura only designed the main characters; there was a different art director altogether for everything else.

EDIT: Nomura got also kicked out of FFXV (or Versus), and SE continues to overcharge him with work to do on other games. How is the dude to blame?

Bad character designs are the fault of Nomura. I never said he directed XIII. 

Dude, you're using bad character design as part of your argument and have a XCX avy. Probably the ugliest and shittiest character design of any game by Monolift Soft. You have no room to talk, buddy v.v XD 

Why is it always the fault of one guy? or rather why is one guy always getting all the hate?

VGPolyglot said:
Well, apparently it says that other KH games had cut content too, so it doesn't really sound like it's anything new for the franchise.

Pretty much every video game ever made has cut content. It's just that most times you don't hear about it, especially when many people mis-construe cut content for "the game was rushed" when it can actually happen for a myriad of reasons such as "this game mode just isn't very fun to play".

potato_hamster said:
VGPolyglot said:
Well, apparently it says that other KH games had cut content too, so it doesn't really sound like it's anything new for the franchise.

Pretty much every video game ever made has cut content. It's just that most times you don't hear about it, especially when many people mis-construe cut content for "the game was rushed" when it can actually happen for a myriad of reasons such as "this game mode just isn't very fun to play".

You reminded me of that scene in MGS2 where Snake tries to leave the tanker while it keeps sinking. It was shown in promotional materials and even the PS2 trailer of the game (I think). MGS2 suffered some content cut due plenty of things (9/11 controversy, rushed areas of development...among other things), but that particular scenario of running while the ship goes down was cut exactly because in words of the own developer, it was a chore, and it looked much better than how it played.

Around the Network
Hiku said:

What you're describing has more to do with the producer than the director. And Nomuras's role as director in the aformentioned games has been on and off. He is working on a lot of big games simultaneously so I'm not comnfortable putting much blame on him as that's not a normal working situation.

In a sense yes, but realistically no. A producer's job is to be the link between the projec and higher ups - reporting milestones, having to report setbacks, asking for more time/staff/money ext. If you have pre modonna's like Nomura/Kojima/Ueda directing the development of a game and they are stubborn about ensuring (we dont want to show the game till its perfect! for years we got that answer) a vison, then its out of the producer hands. A big part ogf XV development was Nomura's insistence on perfecting his .... crazy visions . That ment holding the development back for ages.

Wright said:
potato_hamster said:

You reminded me of that scene in MGS2 where Snake tries to leave the tanker while it keeps sinking. It was shown in promotional materials and even the PS2 trailer of the game (I think). MGS2 suffered some content cut due plenty of things (9/11 controversy, rushed areas of development...among other things), but that particular scenario of running while the ship goes down was cut exactly because in words of the own developer, it was a chore, and it looked much better than how it played.

Yep. Kojima is known to do a lot of experimentation and cuts a pile of content during the development procress.

Nomura takes too many coffee breaks xD

Like many others, I'm gonna opt for blaming Square and not Nomura for this situation. They made a string of bad management decisions over the course of gen 7 and they seem intent of keeping it that way for this gen too.

Signature goes here!

This is totally on Square. Nomura is Square last hope and they're pushing so many projects onto him all at once. Steering him away from his own project FFvXIII, to help with fixing FFXIV, and developing the FFXIII trilogy did not help.

Anyways, the KH3 delay is fine with me, I rather Nomura devote 100% of his time into FFVIIR development.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5