By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Year 1 - Week 52 - Global Switch Sales vs WiiU/XboxOne/3DS/PS4

xMetroid said:
I think they updated Switch figures since its down to 9.2 million on the main page. But anyway, 10 millions was announced the 12th of December but we dont know when it hit that mark and it probably surpassed it when they announced it since December sales are crazy high, i dont see it hitting only 10 million that day. Also, it might have been 10.2 but they wanted to go with the more traditional number since it was more a "we broke the 10 million mark" rather than a "10.5 million switch were sold as of x day".

Yeah vgchartz switch numbers were adjusted, they are updated now.

Last edited by Green098 - on 29 December 2017

Around the Network

And there it is everybody. :D satisfying.

I think it is now very safe to say that the Switch will do at least 14m in its first year. Can it do more than that ? by how much ? since it is now tracking well ahead of the 3DS. What a turnaround year for Nintendo.

trunkswd said:
StarDoor said:

Which date are you using for that figure?

Nintendo made the announcement on December 13. They didn't say what day the Switch hit the figure, but likely is for the week ending December 9. 

I think they said somewhere that it was 10m at the end of November. Some articles updated to say it was internal sales figures through November 2017.

Tagging

Around the Network

If the switch keeps up with the 3ds first holiday then it could potentially beat the ps4's first year before the end of 2017.

The Switch seems to be on It's way to outsell the Ps4 and 3DS on their first year off sales what a turnaround for Nintendo.

It seems VGC was overtracking the Switch and has adjusted just about every week since release.  This other thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=231512&page=1 shows the adjusted numbers and has the Switch at about 9.2M as of Nov 25.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Yeah, looks like most weeks got adjusted. After the 2nd week, Green's table and Kristof's start to look different.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Switch numbers adjusted, will finish graphs and comparisons sometime soon.