By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Year 1 - Week 52 - Global Switch Sales vs WiiU/XboxOne/3DS/PS4

Barkley said:
kenjab said:

Week 41? Or 40?  The NoA tweet says they sold 10M "in 9 months" which would be at the end of November.  Week 40 lines up as the week ending Dec 2, so I believe they hit 10M by that point.  This would then make the PS4 lead ~100K at week 40.

Can't really take anything exact, not 9 months, and not exactly 10m either. As when sony released their 70.6m figure it was for sales 4 days prior to the announcement (3rd december, announced 7th december), so we could assume the Nintendo announcement follows a similar delay in reporting sales, putting the 10m figure at December 8th, or around Week 41.

It'd be a hell of a lot easier if Nintendo just said "As of Xth December."

I read that the 10 million Nintendo Switches is indeed sell-through (not shipped), and this was specifically achieved on December 10th.

Also, Nintendo plans to push Japan hard this month (December), so sales will be even higher as we know demand there is constant sellout since launch.

So Switch will pass the PS4 either week 42 or week 43 depending on how big the December spike ends up being.

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
Out of curiosity, anybody know what's responsible for the spike on Week #44 for PS4 (150k --> 600k)?

Just wondering...

Week Destiny released.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41896/Global/

Updated OP

I think the chart is about 1 million units behind what is posted on the front page, are we waiting on adjustments?

Found this video discussing the US sales of Skyrim and Doom for Switch, plus LA Noire for all platforms. Also touched on DragonBall Xenoverse 2 worldwide sales and how the game will beat out the PS4 version in Japan soon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv3CjSUHzj4

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
There will be Switch adjustments coming, since we will be over the 10 million figure Nintendo released if none are made.

Which date are you using for that figure?

Can't wait for the numbers to be updated!!

Updated OP

Only 206K from PS4!!!!! And still 4 weeks of Holidays!

Outstanding performance. And thank you Green!

I think they updated Switch figures since its down to 9.2 million on the main page. But anyway, 10 millions was announced the 12th of December but we dont know when it hit that mark and it probably surpassed it when they announced it since December sales are crazy high, i dont see it hitting only 10 million that day. Also, it might have been 10.2 but they wanted to go with the more traditional number since it was more a "we broke the 10 million mark" rather than a "10.5 million switch were sold as of x day".