By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ARMS will have free DLC charcter, stages, and arms post launch

KLXVER said:
Goodnightmoon said:

But you have no argument for that, not any good one at least.

"Lazy" must be the new "broken" a word gamers use so badly it ends up losing every sense.

You just keep saying "The game looks amazing". Not really much argument from your side either...

I haven't even said that lol xD but yes it looks pretty rad, first of all it looks absolutely gorgeous, the quality of the character and scenario designs, the color palette and character animations are all superb, far from lazy, second it looks like it has a ton of depth despite what it may look at first glance, there are thousands of posible combinations and you can find different strategies for each one, the game looks really fresh and pretty original for its genre, the music sounds great,  it looks like it has a bunch of modes and a silly lore similar to Splatoon which makes it more charming. Everyone, and I mean E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E that has already played it says is super fun, even Digital Foundry on its techical analysis coudn't help but give a personal opinion about how fun the game is.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
KLXVER said:

Ok. I was wrong.

Still think ARMS look like shovelware though.

I did say I was wrong. Mostly because I was tired of talking to you, but still...

That you first tried to avoid admitting it by spouting nonsense is the takeaway here.

Whatever you say.

KLXVER said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Neither this one.

I disagree.

The previews and reception of the latest direct appear to say otherwise.

KLXVER said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

That you first tried to avoid admitting it by spouting nonsense is the takeaway here.

Whatever you say.

It's actually what you said, I'm just pointing it out.

Soundwave said:

Game looks great, detractors are being stupid.

This looks like Street Fighter x Punch-Out x Virtual-On from the best game publisher on the planet. It's going to be awesome.

Graphically looks like the best game so far on Switch too, looks like it was actually built on the new Tegra chipset and not just a Wii U ported engine. 

And with a style similar to that of Overwatch as well as the diversity of the characters and stages. I think the Mario Kart team once again nailed it.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
KLXVER said:

You just keep saying "The game looks amazing". Not really much argument from your side either...

I haven't even said that lol xD but yes it looks pretty rad, first of all it looks absolutely gorgeous, the quality of the character and scenario designs, the color palette and animation are all superb, far from lazy, second it looks like it has a ton of depth despite what it may look at first glance, there are thousands of posible combinations and you can find different strategies for each one, the game looks really fresh and pretty original for its genre, the music sounds great,  it looks like it has a bunch of modes and a silly lore similar to Splatoon which makes it more charming. Everyone, and I mean E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E that has already played it says is super fun, even Digital Foundry on its techical analysis coudn't help but give a personal opinion about how fun the game is.

I dont see the fun. I see you controlling a character with a stupid name that stretches his arms to hit the other player. The power-ups are basically all the same. He keeps talking about all the strategies in the game, yet they had to show one strategy two times. Its just get a different hand to change up your playstyle. No, its still just two people throwing punches and hope they land. 

Obviously its not my kinda game, but I usually can see what makes a game fun. I cant with this one.

Maybe Im very out of touch because its getting scary how much hype and positivity this game has gotten so far. For me its like people saying Bubsy 3D is THE best 3D platformer ever made and Im just sitting here thinking "Have I entered the Twilight Zone or something?"

You seem to take things very literally, so I must explain that I dont really think Ive entered a TV show.

KLXVER said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I haven't even said that lol xD but yes it looks pretty rad, first of all it looks absolutely gorgeous, the quality of the character and scenario designs, the color palette and animation are all superb, far from lazy, second it looks like it has a ton of depth despite what it may look at first glance, there are thousands of posible combinations and you can find different strategies for each one, the game looks really fresh and pretty original for its genre, the music sounds great,  it looks like it has a bunch of modes and a silly lore similar to Splatoon which makes it more charming. Everyone, and I mean E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E that has already played it says is super fun, even Digital Foundry on its techical analysis coudn't help but give a personal opinion about how fun the game is.

I dont see the fun. I see you controlling a character with a stupid name that stretches his arms to hit the other player. The power-ups are basically all the same. He keeps talking about all the strategies in the game, yet they had to show one strategy two times. Its just get a different hand to change up your playstyle. No, its still just two people throwing punches and hope they land. 

Obviously its not my kinda game, but I usually can see what makes a game fun. I cant with this one.

Maybe Im very out of touch because its getting scary how much hype and positivity this game has gotten so far. For me its like people saying Bubsy 3D is THE best 3D platformer ever made and Im just sitting here thinking "Have I entered the Twilight Zone or something?"

You seem to take things very literally, so I must explain that I dont really think Ive entered a TV show.

It feels like you keep looking for excuses to hate it, like the fact that the character has a stupid name, which is clearly very important and very unlike Splatoon where everything was serious...

The game will be people throwing punches and hoping they land the first time, as people playing Smash bros for the first time. But give them time and you'll see what happens.

Goodnightmoon said:
KLXVER said:

You keep looking for excuses to hate it, like the fact that the character has a stupid name, which is clearly very important and very unlike Splatoon where everything was serious...

The game will be people throwing punches and hoping they land the first time, as people playing Smash bros for the first time. But give them time and you'll see what happens.

Every time I give me reason for not liking it, you say Im looking for excuses to hate it. I dont need to look for them. They are staring me right in the face.

Maybe it will get a 90 MC, will sell 10M and people will play it for years, but it still wont change my mind about the game. It looks like one of those Wii games people laugh at...only prettier. I have a chance to play it this saturday, but I dont really want to. If I do and I love it, youll be the first to know. Dont hold your breath.

KLXVER said:
Goodnightmoon said:

You keep looking for excuses to hate it, like the fact that the character has a stupid name, which is clearly very important and very unlike Splatoon where everything was serious...

Every time I give me reason for not liking it, you say Im looking for excuses to hate it. I dont need to look for them. They are staring me right in the face.

Maybe it will get a 90 MC, will sell 10M and people will play it for years, but it still wont change my mind about the game. It looks like one of those Wii games people laugh at...only prettier. I have a chance to play it this saturday, but I dont really want to. If I do and I love it, youll be the first to know. Dont hold your breath.

With that attitude I'm not holding my breath at all, I mean you are pretty much saying that you will continue to say that the game is lazy shovelware even if it gets a 90 on meta and 10m of sales... That's just stubborness.

Goodnightmoon said:
KLXVER said:

With that attitude I'm not holding my breath at all, I mean you are pretty much saying that you will continue to say that the game is lazy shovelware even if it gets a 90 on meta and 10m of sales... That's just stubborness.

"Looks like shovelware" Get it right.