By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Let's play "I'm a bigger nerd than you because..."

I almost forgot (ironically) I memorised Pi to 600 digits.

I think this is the central for internet nerd-dom.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
I almost forgot (ironically) I memorised Pi to 600 digits.

I think this is the central for internet nerd-dom.

But... why would you do that?

I was doing magic tricks and one of my tricks involved memorising someones phone number and getting them to pick the cards of their number etc.

One of my friends involved bet me that I couldn't do 100 digits and then just kinda kept going until I got bored :) 

VGPolyglot said:

For Homecoming? I could get it if it was one of the Team Silent games, but not for that one!

Thats the nerdiest part. It was just because was a SH, not because was a good game. Sadly, it was (at least for me) the worst of them all...

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

I wish I could say this story is exaggerated for effect, but it is not.

I am a bigger nerd than you because...

During a job interview I explained the mechanics of an MMORPG guild, and the fact that I was GM of it and thus was "leading" over 120 people on a daily basis, as a reason why I at 19 years old would be great for a middle management job at their firm despite my only RL management experience being at a Burger King.

It's not that I explained it that makes me the bigger nerd though, its that I actually got the damn job!

ArchangelMadzz said:
Ka-pi96 said:

But... why would you do that?

I was doing magic tricks and one of my tricks involved memorising someones phone number and getting them to pick the cards of their number etc.

One of my friends involved bet me that I couldn't do 100 digits and then just kinda kept going until I got bored :) 

I think you can add doing magic tricks to your nerd list

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

I am still deciding whether to actually go to my graduation or let that piece of be sent to my home so I can game with friends.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

TruckOSaurus said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

I think you can add doing magic tricks to your nerd list

Haha true! 

I didn't include it as it was a very social thing, not like a stage or anything but wasn't exactly sat in solitude practicing sleigh of hand, that was valuable RuneScape time! 

I used to play ported Mario games on an Atari, I still own an Atari Jaguar and sent away Cereal UPCs to get Jaguar games in the mail. Oh and the ports were on 5-1/4 floppy and 3.5" Floppy disks.

Knitemare said:
VGPolyglot said:

For Homecoming? I could get it if it was one of the Team Silent games, but not for that one!

Thats the nerdiest part. It was just because was a SH, not because was a good game. Sadly, it was (at least for me) the worst of them all...

Still beats sex though :P