By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Let's play "I'm a bigger nerd than you because..."

COKTOE said:

I own 3 copies of Corpse Party: Blood Drive on the Vita. 2 deluxe Collectors Editions, 1 opened, 1 sealed, and a digital copy I bought because it was dirt cheap. I am also capable of putting on a 1 man show for Transformers: The Movie.

Get a life bro =D

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
sergiodaly said:
WagnerPaiva said:

But I am a bigger nerd than you cause I paid all the expenses of my girlfriend for 11 months, and she was dating another guy for 3 months, saying she was at church while having sex with him.

I paid her college, her books, bought her a 500 dollars phone. Which I am still making payments till december.
She would date me from 8 to 11, only to go out with the other guy as soon as I dropped her home.
In the end, she just blocked me and had her new boyfriend text me saying he was with her and I should forget her.

This was one month ago. Biggest nerd that ever lived.

i'm sorry about that, but that has nothing to do with being nerd... more about you being naive and clueless... and don't take this as a offence to you because everyone was, once or more, naive or clueless about someones intentions towards us.

BTW ontopic... i bought the Horizon Zero Dawn Collectors edition with that statue and a Star Wars PS4 when i already had one... don't know if it's enough to win but here in my street... i'm the biggest nerd...

I guess the definition of nerd changed. When I was a teenager nerds where first and foremost, socially ackward and had problems with appearance and self steem, and because of that they became loners and interested in books and RPG, video games, comic books and so on.

When I was a teen I had a huge comic collection and was very much into nerdy stuff. The reason was "those things could not hurt me like people did".

Anyways, nerds would usually have problems with girls, which I always had, and the nerdy stuff was a consequence of the social problems nerds used to have.

I guess it changed.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

1.- I'm on this site and I enjoy it.

2.- I'm the go-to guy for friends, family and aquaitances in general to answer all kinds of question, ranging from pop culture, classic culture, science and tech etc.

3.- One time, my girl told me that she thinks about sex all the time, so I asked her how did she imagine my mind would look like, she said that she pictured a huge Smash Bros game featuring every character from sci fi, video games and comic books... and she's right.

4.- I'm currently completing my studies to obtain my PhD in theoretical particle physics, studying all kinds of discrete symmetries for the low energy part of the standard model (neutrinos yay), and also trying to incoporate the effect of their mass and the linear superposition of neutrino mass eigen states into semileptonic charged meson decays.

I think that's all... fo now.

WagnerPaiva said:
COKTOE said:

I own 3 copies of Corpse Party: Blood Drive on the Vita. 2 deluxe Collectors Editions, 1 opened, 1 sealed, and a digital copy I bought because it was dirt cheap. I am also capable of putting on a 1 man show for Transformers: The Movie.

Get a life bro =D

Maybe someday. Maybe....someday. :) Today though: Akiba's Beat!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

WagnerPaiva said:

But I am a bigger nerd than you cause I paid all the expenses of my girlfriend for 11 months, and she was dating another guy for 3 months, saying she was at church while having sex with him.

I paid her college, her books, bought her a 500 dollars phone. Which I am still making payments till december.
She would date me from 8 to 11, only to go out with the other guy as soon as I dropped her home.
In the end, she just blocked me and had her new boyfriend text me saying he was with her and I should forget her.

This was one month ago. Biggest nerd that ever lived.

Are you Scotty from Eurotrip? ouch..

Around the Network

-I didn't go to my senior prom
-I didn't even lose my virginity until I was 21
-I used to go entire days without speaking to anyone at all
-My parents wanted me to go out and do things. I'd pretend I went out but secretly, I'd stay in my room with the lights out in total silence for hours until I figured I was "out" long enough. Then, I'd "come home".
-I beat Chrono Trigger so many times, my rank for each character was * * (Star, Star)

d21lewis said:
-I didn't go to my senior prom
-I didn't even lose my virginity until I was 21
-I used to go entire days without speaking to anyone at all
-My parents wanted me to go out and do things. I'd pretend I went out but secretly, I'd stay in my room with the lights out in total silence for hours until I figured I was "out" long enough. Then, I'd "come home".
-I beat Chrono Trigger so many times, my rank for each character was * * (Star, Star)

The last one I can understand, but the ones before that sound much more like extreme isolation more than being a nerd! I guess I'm similar to you, though my parents kind of just gave up on trying to get me to go out.

WagnerPaiva said:
sergiodaly said:

i'm sorry about that, but that has nothing to do with being nerd... more about you being naive and clueless... and don't take this as a offence to you because everyone was, once or more, naive or clueless about someones intentions towards us.

BTW ontopic... i bought the Horizon Zero Dawn Collectors edition with that statue and a Star Wars PS4 when i already had one... don't know if it's enough to win but here in my street... i'm the biggest nerd...

I guess the definition of nerd changed. When I was a teenager nerds where first and foremost, socially ackward and had problems with appearance and self steem, and because of that they became loners and interested in books and RPG, video games, comic books and so on.

When I was a teen I had a huge comic collection and was very much into nerdy stuff. The reason was "those things could not hurt me like people did".

Anyways, nerds would usually have problems with girls, which I always had, and the nerdy stuff was a consequence of the social problems nerds used to have.

I guess it changed.

i only had social awkwardness until i was 10 (very shy and quiet)... after that i grew up out of my shyness and only after that was when i start to get interested in video games, PCs, technology and nerdy stuff.

i've always had girlfriends and i'm married now, and i think i'm nerdier now then i've ever been before. i've always thought of nerd, to be a person with intellectual interest/obsession with technology and fantasy, that could, very well, be paired with the lack of interest in other people and end up causing the lack of social skills, not the other way around...

i'm a nerd/geek and very social person so, you can understand why this is my point of view. i think i end up being a different kind of nerd because other then tech, fantasy and other nerdy stuff, i was always also interested in the human mind and in human behavior on subconscious level, that, i think, fuel my interest to pursue friendships, dating and other social interactions.

also, I love women, so i had to go, if i got a dump, wasn't important for me, i would have to try even if the odds were against me (did help sometimes being average looking)... always say this to myself "trying isn't hard, what's hard is to getting it" sounds better in Portuguese "tentar não custa, o que custa é conseguir"

hold on tight and hope you learned from that experience and have better luck next time.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

I use my meager carpentry skills to make nerdy stuff. I've made a board game table for my basement. I've made a book shelf. I've made stuff for my beer-making equipment. And I plan on making a keyboard and mouse tray (with built in USB hub) for a more comfortable couch PC gaming experience. And I'm always thinking of how I can use it to enhance my already nerdy existence. Basically taking what it considered a "manly" skill and using it for the glory of nerd-kind.

superchunk said:
I've been on this site arguing about game console sales and performance since 2006.

Not this site, but I've been posting on a Metal message board since 2000.  That's 17 years.  Lonnger than some here have been alive!  Makes me feel a tad old these days.