By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

USA and Russia working together to kill IS, I personally don't see any problem in that. I guess you have to be a brainwashed libturd/Soros inc. puppet to cry about a possible USA and Russia cooperation.

Around the Network

The liberal left wing media relentless witch hunt on poor little Donald Trump. It is jealousy that fuels the hate of President Trump. Trump has worked hard for his success in life and losers keep trying to bring him down. Stop making up tabloid garbage and present real evidence and facts instead of lies!

SpokenTruth said:
outlawauron said:

Uhh, the person giving the statement is the source. He said he was in the room.

So, I wonder how many people are going to read the title and assume its truth despite statements to the contrary.

ETA: I'll be waiting to we hear more information because anonymous sources aren't always trustworthy.

Both officials have carefully parsed their words to deny something that was never claimed to begin with.  So it looks like they are denying the accusation when they actually have not.

That said, no White House administration, regardless of party, is going to admit to something like this. 

AsGryffynn said:
Hmm... Let's see... Trump, President of the United States of America, declassifies information and shares with Russia, which his position as President of the United States of America allows him to, no rules broken.

The only rule he's broken is shitting on the Russophobes in the House and Senate...

Actually, if the intelligence was gathered and is owned by a foreign ally and we (the US, Trump, Executive branch, White House, etc...) have not been given dissemination rights to that information, then we've just violated a lot of security protocols and severely damaged the trust and relationship we have with that ally and others.  Who wants to trust the US if we're just going to share the information with Russia?

Seems the information came from Israel, who, as we know, are not exactly up in arms against Russia. 

barneystinson69 said:

Lol. So we dont even know who the source is? Not surprised though, Washington Post will print anything bad on trump, even if its false.

WTF, a journalist does not - and should not - reveal their sources, I mean, people take risks when they reveal that kind of information.

People saying this was legal to leak it to the russians are right in some way, and the claim that it was somehow illegal for the president of the USA to talk about classified information with anyone he chooses to was not made in the first place! However, what is claimed here is that if someone tells you a secret and they do not expect you to share it - yet you still share the information with someone they do not consider a friend, without any concern for possible consequences (I.E. an informant may be identified, and/or killed) - this will hurt your relation, and they may think twice before they share sensitive information with you again...

So legal, sure, he could have decided to reveal it to a crowd at his next rally!

Sensible, NO, it makes no sense, unless he is trying to cause problems... See how the news today is about the reaction from Israel...

Basically, the US gvt. is now run by russian spies, so be prepared for more until they are rooted out.

glimmer_of_hope said:
Zkuq said:

You're unbelievably adept at changing the subject and ignoring uncomfortable arguments, I've noticed recently. Carry on, you're doing a great job!

How do you mean? For a guy too busy to watch a White House briefing you certainly have enough time to hang around starting arguments with me!

It's pretty easy to browser forums while doing other stuff. It's pretty hard to watch a video while doing other stuff. Also, watching a video is a waste of time even if I do have time. Watching your video takes like 15 minutes or something, reading the same would take like 5 minutes.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
AsGryffynn said:

Seems the information came from Israel, who, as we know, are not exactly up in arms against Russia. 

Where the info came from seems to be less clear than the rest, but asuming it came from Israel, one of Russia's closest allies is Iran, who happens to be one of Israel's biggest problems.
And even if there happened to be no conflict of interest here, how will other allied nations feel about sharing info with a man who shares it without concent with other nations? It doesn't help that Trump is commonly percieved as unpredictable and not competent.

Even then, remember Russia is sort of the mediator between those two... If the only problem was a breach of protocol, then the people in the government need a new job. 

Bandorr said:
Nem said:

I love how the Trump fans just prefer to say the newspaper is the one lieing.

Oh what's that? Confirmed by Trump himself! lolol

You guys are fake news. :D

Trump does something

Media reports on it.

White house denies it.

Russia denies it.

Trump supporters deny it.

Trump confirms it.

Repeat.

That''s a tweet of him confirming that he talked to Russian officials. We already know this. No one is denying it.

This whole story makes it sound like he divulged our greatest national secret to the Russian ambassador. The logic from the left is he's in the pocket of Putin so now he's obviously giving them all of the intelligences. 

What is in contention is whether his conversation was inappropriate, and as has been said by the other US officials in the room, nothing innapropriate was discussed. And that's not even considering that the POTUS has absolute authority to share classified, top secret even, intelligence with whomever he wants to. So there is no inconsistency in that tweet, nor is there any information in it that would suggest anything other than the POTUS has the right to talk to whom ever, when ever, where ever about what ever he wants. 

I just find it sad that even though we know his detractors are steeped in hate for him, they can't even be objective enough to realize that their own credibility is at stake when they take the word of anonymous sources (who weren't there) over a decorated, dedicated US Army General who was actually in the room when the conversation took place. If this was the last POTUS this would be a nothing to see here story. 

SpokenTruth said:
Trump: "No politician in history — and I say this with great surety — has been treated worse or more unfairly."

This guy has no sense of reality.

You accidentally added some unnecessary words there at the end

SpokenTruth said:
Trump: "No politician in history — and I say this with great surety — has been treated worse or more unfairly."

This guy has no sense of reality.

I remember that black guy being treated pretty unfairly.

Difference is that he wasn't a weak, low energy whiner.

duplicate post...