By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

sethnintendo said:

That Russian is incredibly fat. I'm not sure who has the largest turkey neck now...  Him or former Exxon CEO Lee Raymond.

Can't forget Mark Mangino.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Reports coming out that Trump told Comey to stand down on Flynn investigation. Pretty sure that's obstruction of justice.

glimmer_of_hope said:
Bandorr said:

At least now you are whining about a TV show being cancelled. Now you are whining about having to defend someone who people constantly try to cover up - only for him to torpedo them by giving a completely different story another day.

I wonder what it must be like to be a person like you. Just always feeding into bull shit that is fed to you. And then call someone a whiner simply because they have an opinion! Simply amazing! Cover up, collusion, russia, impeach, It's always something eh? Just a bunch of people so angry that Hilary lost. Your not going to find anthing no matter how muh you look!

Literally everything, even Trump himself, points to this being true. No one admits it's true but everyone's been very careful to minimize the damages of something that supposedly isn't true, and no one involved is actually denying what happened. Wake up and look around you and you might notice what you call fake news maybe, perhaps, possibly, aren't always fake news! Every single piece that's based on anything real points to Trump leaking classified information, and every single piece I've seen denying this is based on nothing at all. This isn't bullshit, this is real. At this point, the only thing that's bullshit about this is denying this.

It's also funny you think you know there's nothing to be found, even by looking. I doubt there's a single person on these forums that knows enough to be able to make that claim, and I doubt there's that many people in the whole world that can make that claim. Of course no one can make the opposing claim either (and I personally I haven't seen anyone make that claim; the closest claim is that things look pretty darn suspicious and should be investigated). It's pretty obvious you've already made your mind and are willing to accept only information that supports your beliefs. The truth isn't found by believing in what you believe to be true, it's found by doubting every single thing you possibly can, and then some.

H.E.R. said:
Reports coming out that Trump told Comey to stand down on Flynn investigation. Pretty sure that's obstruction of justice.

If it's true, that is. But it sounds plausible at this point. There have been stricter denials from the administration so far (I think), which is somewhat unusual, but on the other hand, the stakes are much higher too, so they could be more willing to deviate further away from the truth this in this regard.

Signalstar said:
barneystinson69 said:

Then obviously thats bad. But we don't know that, and frankly the amount of media coverage for the evidence we've been given is insane. There has been little evidence, but those who hate Trump want to grasp at straws nonetheless. They don't even try not showing their partisanship, which is extremely sad. If this is all the democrats can do, they won't gain ANYTHING in the midterms, and stand to lose seats in the senate...

Trump himself confirmed he did this. No fake news here. What is your response now?

You know what my response is. If its true, then it is certainly worrying. What he shared, we do not know. The media shouldn't be defended for reporting news they cannot confirm. Even if they got it right this time, the facts remain that they reported news that may not be correct...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
glimmer_of_hope said:

I wonder what it must be like to be a person like you. Just always feeding into bull shit that is fed to you. And then call someone a whiner simply because they have an opinion! Simply amazing! Cover up, collusion, russia, impeach, It's always something eh? Just a bunch of people so angry that Hilary lost. Your not going to find anthing no matter how muh you look!

Literally everything, even Trump himself, points to this being true. No one admits it's true but everyone's been very careful to minimize the damages of something that supposedly isn't true, and no one involved is actually denying what happened. Wake up and look around you and you might notice what you call fake news maybe, perhaps, possibly, aren't always fake news! Every single piece that's based on anything real points to Trump leaking classified information, and every single piece I've seen denying this is based on nothing at all. This isn't bullshit, this is real. At this point, the only thing that's bullshit about this is denying this.

It's also funny you think you know there's nothing to be found, even by looking. I doubt there's a single person on these forums that knows enough to be able to make that claim, and I doubt there's that many people in the whole world that can make that claim. Of course no one can make the opposing claim either (and I personally I haven't seen anyone make that claim; the closest claim is that things look pretty darn suspicious and should be investigated). It's pretty obvious you've already made your mind and are willing to accept only information that supports your beliefs. The truth isn't found by believing in what you believe to be true, it's found by doubting every single thing you possibly can, and then some.

The NSA advisor yet again TODAY stated the conversations and info that POTUS had shared was acceptable and not anything POTUS wouldn't share with anyone else. The funny thing is that somebody DID leak classified info.......the person telling the media that "classified info" was leaked! Yet no one is concerned about that. Also your understanding is a little off, nobody is denying anything because nobody will talk about what is classified and what is not classified. 

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

glimmer_of_hope said:
Zkuq said:

The NSA advisor yet again TODAY stated the conversations and info that POTUS had shared was acceptable and not anything POTUS wouldn't share with anyone else. The funny thing is that somebody DID leak classified info.......the person telling the media that "classified info" was leaked! Yet no one is concerned about that. Also your understanding is a little off, nobody is denying anything because nobody will talk about what is classified and what is not classified. 

Legal and acceptable are two different things but sure. Also, I'd like to see your source because I've missed it and I don't expect to find it easily myself among all the stories about this case.

Which one do you find more concerning: Someone leaking that the president is leaking info that probably shouldn't be leaked to one of the greatest adversaries (not enemies, mind you) of the US, or the president himself leaking said info? I'd say the first leak is actually the responsible thing to do in case like this. If Trump keeps pulling off stuff like this, people need to know about it. Since his administration is not going to admit anything on its own, someone needs to leak it. Simple, really.

People could easily talk about this subject without ever touching what exactly was leaked, so the reason you presented doesn't sound very convincing. I have a hard time coming up with any other logical explanation to why no one's denying what happened other than the leak being true and no one wanting to outright lie about it. It makes a lot of sense, but I haven't seen any other explanations about the denials that makes any sense at all. Maybe I've missed them, but I sure haven't seen them.

barneystinson69 said:
RolStoppable said:

My favorite part from the article:

“If that partner learned we’d given this to Russia without their knowledge or asking first, that is a blow to that relationship,” the U.S. official said.

Good job turning to the press with the information that Trump shared classified information.

Lol. So we dont even know who the source is? Not surprised though, Washington Post will print anything bad on trump, even if its false.

Almost everything related to Trump Is unnamed sources. I'm not saying it's true or not but this kind of reporting can lead to false stuff like pissing on prostitutes.

Dulfite said:
Ljink96 said:
And yet some dipshit is going to support him on this too. Like, does anything matter anymore? I mean, if Obama had even did half the shit Trump has done he'd been impeached within his first 100 days, guaranteed. This guy needs to be impeached yesterday.

The main people that want to get rid of Trump are liberals, and those people HAVE to realize that if they somehow got rid of Trump who, while he says ridiculous things, is no where near as conservative as most Republicans would like him to be, then he will be replaced by Pence, who is VERY popular among more right leaning conservatives and Christians (way more popular among Christians than Trump, who let's be honest isn't our ideal President).

Getting rid of Trump in impeachment would reduce the chance o the democrats winning in 2020 (or earlier), because it would be against Pence instead of problematic Trump.

I don't think we should be worried about parties and who's gonna win in 2020 we should just be worried about who is actually better and more qualified. 

Zkuq said:
glimmer_of_hope said:

Legal and acceptable are two different things but sure. Also, I'd like to see your source because I've missed it and I don't expect to find it easily myself among all the stories about this case.

Which one do you find more concerning: Someone leaking that the president is leaking info that probably shouldn't be leaked to one of the greatest adversaries (not enemies, mind you) of the US, or the president himself leaking said info? I'd say the first leak is actually the responsible thing to do in case like this. If Trump keeps pulling off stuff like this, people need to know about it. Since his administration is not going to admit anything on its own, someone needs to leak it. Simple, really.

People could easily talk about this subject without ever touching what exactly was leaked, so the reason you presented doesn't sound very convincing. I have a hard time coming up with any other logical explanation to why no one's denying what happened other than the leak being true and no one wanting to outright lie about it. It makes a lot of sense, but I haven't seen any other explanations about the denials that makes any sense at all. Maybe I've missed them, but I sure haven't seen them.

Wow! The first scenario is by far the worst! If they are willing to leak that, what else are they going to leak! That person is more like a mole. Make no mistake there will be more people fired within the next few weeks! Can you not tell the difference? If you felt as though POTUS did/said something wrong you bring it to who you report to, your boss, not to the fucking media!!!!! Simple really.

Feel free to leaf through this mornings "media" briefing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMaRFQY23nA He takes questions from the "media" around 5:50

Gaming Away Life Since 1985