By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch games with Trophy/Achievement support.

Tagged games:

Ka-pi96 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Too Human is possibly one of the best X360 games if you give it time... how do I know that?

That includes a set of achievements for finishing the 4 zones of the game without a single death.

WTF? I agree about Too Human, thought it was plenty of fun! But you 100%d it? Forget about the no death sections... didn't it have an achievement for getting all the armour which relied on really rare RNG chances or something? That must have taken awhile!

It did indeed :) I absolutely loved that game to death, not only did I enjoy it so much myself but I actually thought a bunch of my mates how to play it properly to not die and how the system worked in it to get enjoyment out of the mechanics to it.

My last achievement earned was to do an online co-op take down of a Troll, was done with my brother, he bought his X360 to my place and was the first time he was on Xbox Live, was also his 1000 point achievement in the game :) so we both 100%'d it together.

Still makes me chuckle at the gear bonus in that for Slug Weapons called "Ventilation" reminded me of Homer shooting air holes in his bonnet. Bit of humour in a fairly serious game.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
Ka-pi96 said:

WTF? I agree about Too Human, thought it was plenty of fun! But you 100%d it? Forget about the no death sections... didn't it have an achievement for getting all the armour which relied on really rare RNG chances or something? That must have taken awhile!

It did indeed :) I absolutely loved that game to death, not only did I enjoy it so much myself but I actually thought a bunch of my mates how to play it properly to not die and how the system worked in it to get enjoyment out of the mechanics to it.

My last achievement earned was to do an online co-op take down of a Troll, was done with my brother, he bought his X360 to my place and was the first time he was on Xbox Live, was also his 1000 point achievement in the game :) so we both 100%'d it together.

Still makes me chuckle at the gear bonus in that for Slug Weapons called "Ventilation" reminded me of Homer shooting air holes in his bonnet. Bit of humour in a fairly serious game.

Ah yes I really liked Too Human as well, though I've stopped at 870G. I thought the game really wasn't that hard. I mean you still died quite a few times, but I've seen stats of people dying dozens of times in the first level alone. Probably depends a lot on your playstyle.

Ka-pi96 said:
p0isonparadise said:
Why are people obsessed with trophies and achievements? They seem incredibly pointless to me.

I could say literally the same thing about pixels/resolution, portability, online multiplayer or mouse/keyboard support.

People just like different things though

I still think it's meaningless, reminds me when you're a kid and the teacher gives you a sticker for doing something you're expected to do.

To each their own, though. 

Ganoncrotch said:
COKTOE said:

The in-game stuff is nice. Uncharted, and a handful of other PS3 games had them ( Heavenly Sword? ) prior to the roll out of the trophy system on PSN. I did everything in Uncharted in-game, for the 100%, and then everything again once the actual trophy system was implemented. The trophies were identical to the in-game......bleeep...blorps? But this isn't trophy/achievement support. I could make my own list of goals, and it would have the same level of support as this.

Aye it's just obviously in game tracking of something like causing a 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 damage to enemies in disgaea is easier if the game tracks it than doing it with a pen and paper :D

But yeah Coktoe, what I'm hoping with seeing this pop up in the ports coming from other machines to the Switch is that it follows the ps3's footsteps which indeed rolled out without the trophy system and then retroactively added them into games which had already released, the major games anyway before now becoming a stable of the psn platform.

I know they don't appeal to every gamer, but for those who enjoy them, why not put some work into it and make the switch a platform which has the goal oriented trophies integrated.

They are something that can be ignored, so their addition should mostly be seen as a positive imo. I too hope to Nintendo have a system in place sooner than later. They're the last holdout. Not that it needs the help, but it would give people another reason to but a Switch as well, and wouldn't require much effort to get off the ground.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Aye it's just obviously in game tracking of something like causing a 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 damage to enemies in disgaea is easier if the game tracks it than doing it with a pen and paper :D

But yeah Coktoe, what I'm hoping with seeing this pop up in the ports coming from other machines to the Switch is that it follows the ps3's footsteps which indeed rolled out without the trophy system and then retroactively added them into games which had already released, the major games anyway before now becoming a stable of the psn platform.

I know they don't appeal to every gamer, but for those who enjoy them, why not put some work into it and make the switch a platform which has the goal oriented trophies integrated.

They are something that can be ignored, so their addition should mostly be seen as a positive imo. I too hope to Nintendo have a system in place sooner than later. They're the last holdout. Not that it needs the help, but it would give people another reason to but a Switch as well, and wouldn't require much effort to get off the ground.

Yeah I mean it's clear that the game producers are willing to put in the effort of such systems since they're adding them to games without a central system by Nintendo being in place, just give the devs the tools and I'm sure some intern working on a game can take a few hours to write up some fun challenges to give people goals and reasons to keep playing and not trade in the software on the system.

While people might not really care if the achievements system is there on the console or not... there are going to be people who do see it as a negative and might not buy the console because of what could be easily fixed with a patch, so why not go ahead and do it, I mean... there isn't really going to be someone who is thinking of buying a switch and would go .... "oh... I was going to buy it but then I remembered there is an achievement system on the platform now" and not get it, in comparson to those who are coming from other gaming networks where that could well be a deterrant to stop them buying in.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
COKTOE said:

Yeah I mean it's clear that the game producers are willing to put in the effort of such systems since they're adding them to games without a central system by Nintendo being in place, just give the devs the tools and I'm sure some intern working on a game can take a few hours to write up some fun challenges to give people goals and reasons to keep playing and not trade in the software on the system.

While people might not really care if the achievements system is there on the console or not... there are going to be people who do see it as a negative and might not buy the console because of what could be easily fixed with a patch, so why not go ahead and do it, I mean... there isn't really going to be someone who is thinking of buying a switch and would go .... "oh... I was going to buy it but then I remembered there is an achievement system on the platform now" and not get it, in comparson to those who are coming from other gaming networks where that could well be a deterrant to stop them buying in.

Exactly! And some games will be multi-plat, with everything already in place. 

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."