By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch games with Trophy/Achievement support.

Tagged games:

NobleTeam360 said:
Meh, lacks the same feel of building up your actual GS or Trophy rank so I'll pass. I'll wait for a real trophy/achievement system.

See on Xbox you got Achievements, on Playstation you're limited to Trophies... the switch can switch between both systems as you see with the above images :D

you get the best of both worlds, only the Switch offers games with Trophies and Achievements!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Quoting you just to bring attention to the post above! Having owned the game for a bit now, I can confirm the achievements are there!

Indeed. Now to wait for the switch to re-supply and drop below this $400 nonsense.

Yeah I am delighted that I got mine near launch so easily, they've been sold out here now for the most part, unless you want to buy one from a pre owned store which are asking close to 400 for just the unit itself which is nuts.

Also if you want to wait for an easier purchase of Disgaea 5 on the console you'll have to wait til the 25th of this month when it actually releases on it, otherwise be going to the Jap Eshop like myself and getting it there.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

For some reason in game achievements feel far less satisfying to me. I guess it's because I can't gloat as easy that way xD

Why are people obsessed with trophies and achievements? They seem incredibly pointless to me.

p0isonparadise said:
Why are people obsessed with trophies and achievements? They seem incredibly pointless to me.

Some people enjoy them, in both the Ps4 and X360 at least you can turn off all notifications regarding the things if they don't appeal to you, but for some players who like to get more time out of a particular goal sometimes they can add additional gameplay in the form of leaving the player breadcrumbs to follow to earn the achievements / trophies, it's the same with everything in gaming, they might not appeal to one gamer, but someone else is loving the addition of these.

Around the Network

Good to see in-game achievements are a possibility. I have never cared for achievements or trophies but good news for people who do.

Bandorr said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Yeah I am delighted that I got mine near launch so easily, they've been sold out here now for the most part, unless you want to buy one from a pre owned store which are asking close to 400 for just the unit itself which is nuts.

Also if you want to wait for an easier purchase of Disgaea 5 on the console you'll have to wait til the 25th of this month when it actually releases on it, otherwise be going to the Jap Eshop like myself and getting it there.

I'll probably wait until the 25th. Easier to get, probably physical. and doubt I'll get a switch by then anyways.

My logic behind this was that when the game launches in Eu on the 25th I'm thinking it will probably come with the EU5 language set, as in English, French, Spanish, German and Italian. And realistically I wanted the version of the game which had English/Japanese so it wasn't just about the ease of getting it or wanting to get it ahead of release date, it was also about getting the version of the game which most appeals to me.

The in game menu is so easy to just revert the audio back to Japanese and play with English text in the version from the Japanese Eshop, would highly recommend it if you want the original voice cast, that said... I didn't look into if the EU version will include the Japanese audio or not, there is every chance it might (but even if it does, if it also includes language packs of the voices for all other EU languages here that would just have been wasted space on my Switches Memory)

p0isonparadise said:

It gives you goalposts and challenges with visible rewards. Have you ever told someone about how to beat a really hard boss or that collected all of something in a video game? Now you get rewarded and proof of doing so. I won't ignore something because it doesn't have trophies/achievements, but it definitely a positive to games, not a con.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
p0isonparadise said:

It gives you goalposts and challenges with visible rewards. Have you ever told someone about how to beat a really hard boss or that collected all of something in a video game? Now you get rewarded and proof of doing so. I won't ignore something because it doesn't have trophies/achievements, but it definitely a positive to games, not a con.

Indeed you can also check back over something without finding the game on a shelf and putting it in the system.

Thinking .... have I beaten that game , check achievement... sure... I did back in 20XX

Has come in handy before when it comes to owning a couple of hundred games for a system.

Binding of Isaac?