By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch games with Trophy/Achievement support.

Tagged games:

DialgaMarine said:
I still very much prefer the central system and having a collection. I'd love to go for achievements in games like Zelda or Mario.

Around the Network

Puyo Puyo Tetris I think does.

Does Mario Kart have any replacement for the stamps in the Wii U version? I figure they must be out since Miiverse is gone.

The in-game stuff is nice. Uncharted, and a handful of other PS3 games had them ( Heavenly Sword? ) prior to the roll out of the trophy system on PSN. I did everything in Uncharted in-game, for the 100%, and then everything again once the actual trophy system was implemented. The trophies were identical to the in-game......bleeep...blorps? But this isn't trophy/achievement support. I could make my own list of goals, and it would have the same level of support as this.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Ganoncrotch said:
outlawauron said:

It gives you goalposts and challenges with visible rewards. Have you ever told someone about how to beat a really hard boss or that collected all of something in a video game? Now you get rewarded and proof of doing so. I won't ignore something because it doesn't have trophies/achievements, but it definitely a positive to games, not a con.

Indeed you can also check back over something without finding the game on a shelf and putting it in the system.

Thinking .... have I beaten that game , check achievement... sure... I did back in 20XX

Has come in handy before when it comes to owning a couple of hundred games for a system.

I especially like to compare with friends to see how far they've come in progression. I don't use it for epeen, but rather for shaming those who haven't beaten certain games.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Indeed you can also check back over something without finding the game on a shelf and putting it in the system.

Thinking .... have I beaten that game , check achievement... sure... I did back in 20XX

Has come in handy before when it comes to owning a couple of hundred games for a system.

I especially like to compare with friends to see how far they've come in progression. I don't use it for epeen, but rather for shaming those who haven't beaten certain games.

Aye if someone is talking shit about a game as though they mastered it when complaining that it's too easy or something, one look at their achievements shows they stopped after the training mission or something, can be useful for that alright.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

COKTOE said:

The in-game stuff is nice. Uncharted, and a handful of other PS3 games had them ( Heavenly Sword? ) prior to the roll out of the trophy system on PSN. I did everything in Uncharted in-game, for the 100%, and then everything again once the actual trophy system was implemented. The trophies were identical to the in-game......bleeep...blorps? But this isn't trophy/achievement support. I could make my own list of goals, and it would have the same level of support as this.

Aye it's just obviously in game tracking of something like causing a 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 damage to enemies in disgaea is easier if the game tracks it than doing it with a pen and paper :D

But yeah Coktoe, what I'm hoping with seeing this pop up in the ports coming from other machines to the Switch is that it follows the ps3's footsteps which indeed rolled out without the trophy system and then retroactively added them into games which had already released, the major games anyway before now becoming a stable of the psn platform.

I know they don't appeal to every gamer, but for those who enjoy them, why not put some work into it and make the switch a platform which has the goal oriented trophies integrated.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ka-pi96 said:

Not just for bragging about being good at a game, but also just to prove that you've actually played it at all.

I don't even use them for bragging, it's just nice to have someway of keeping track of what you've completed in every game you've played. Also something to work towards which is especially useful in some more open sandbox games that may not necesarily have any real objectives outside of the achievements/trophies.

It's nice to have some form of acknowledgement for completing games that others can see, or even just for yourself, especially as time goes on and the trophies we aquired almost a decade earlier are still there.

Ka-pi96 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Aye if someone is talking shit about a game as though they mastered it when complaining that it's too easy or something, one look at their achievements shows they stopped after the training mission or something, can be useful for that alright.

Not just for bragging about being good at a game, but also just to prove that you've actually played it at all. The amount of times that I've had to show people my Knack platinum because they assumed I couldn't have played it when I said it's good...

Too Human is possibly one of the best X360 games if you give it time... how do I know that?

That includes a set of achievements for finishing the 4 zones of the game without a single death.

Also when I have a sigh at the new Forza titles and people think I'm just a Gran Turismo or Drive Club fanboy always.

See that right there? That is why achievements are handy.

Ganoncrotch said:

See that right there? That is why achievements are handy.

PHOTOSHOPPED!