By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shantae: Half-Genie Hero confirmed for Switch, out this summer

VGPolyglot said:

Shikamo, the updates don't show anything!

Edit: Never mind, they're working now!

Sometimes vgc bugs link from twitter, but in a short time it appears again

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network
KingofTrolls said:
Everybody are crazy because 2 years old indie PCPS4X1 Wii U game is coming to Switch ? Im a huge fan of Shantae ( that music guys ! ), but seriously ppl here are acting just like new entry was announced or something.

wait 2 years old? this game was released on december 20, 2016

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Shikamo said:

really ? man I feel i played it like 5 years ago..  the time u son of a bitch.

Anyway, the game was released on PS360 also. Point still stands = any game on Switch = WOOOW HURRAY !

I was waiting for this! That extra HD rumble makes it that much better.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

KingofTrolls said:
Shikamo said:

Anyway, the game was released on PS360 also. Point still stands = any game on Switch = WOOOW HURRAY !

is a new system, remember than all games announced for ps4 and x1 in the begins was a HURRAY too, but dont worry about that is very normal with all game console on the first steps. ^-^

Around the Network
Shikamo said:

is a new system, remember than all games announced for ps4 and x1 in the begins was a HURRAY too, but dont worry about that is very normal with all game console on the first steps. ^-^

Disagree. Ryse, Forza 5, Shadow Fall etc were no very praised if any. The rest were boring multiplats, cod bf ac etc.

KingofTrolls said:
Shikamo said:

Your point stands, yes, but each time you comment it stands on more shallow ground.

It wasn't released on 360/PS3

Dravenet7 said:

Your point stands, yes, but each time you comment it stands on more shallow ground.

It wasn't released on 360/PS3

True dat.Looks like the site i checked just mentioned all viable platforms randomly..

btw it was released even on... Vita. So basically everone could play the game earlier, and the game was in promos earlier.

The only reason I can see to all this optimism is the game will be playable in portable mode with acceptable performance. 

KingofTrolls said:

True dat.Looks like the site i checked just mentioned all viable platforms randomly..

btw it was released even on... Vita. So basically everone could play the game earlier, and the game was in promos earlier.

The only reason I can see to all this optimism is the game will be playable in portable mode with acceptable performance. 

That's kind of strange but not unsuprising. It was originally intended to go on those systems, but they were cancelled. Whatever site you were on probably didn't bother to update the news about it.

My personal reason for being optimistic is because, as a Shantae and Wayfoward fan, I'm happy that they are able to port as fast as they intend to. Almost all Shantae games took  forever to port. It was especially bad because all they would usually release a Shantae game at the end of a Nintendo console's life, and since the series was originally exlusive to those platforms, it hurt severely. So its great that they are able to not only port as fast as they are able to, they are doing with added support and at the same time as the Risky Boots DLC releases. This DLC plays much more like Pirate's Curse, which is a fan favorite in the series. 

Physical? Ill get that