By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official Thread: Tekken 7 [Fated Retribution] Geese is on the way!

The Fury said:
Kyuu said:
Isn't there a chance of a tag system inclusion in a future DLC? I don't see them making TTT3 after the failure of TTT2.

We have 8 and 9 before Tag 3 (because you know, patterns) plus notice how Eliza and Akuma have SF like controls? I predict the announcement of Tekken X Street Fighter very soon. That will have Tag elements and be so much better than SFxTekken could dream.

Yep from what I remember Tekken X SF was after 7 and I said the exact same thing. They started with Eliza and Akuma with Sf controls to show how the chracters would be implemented in the system. THEN even added the rage arts which also gave the game a new dynamic to work bettr with the SF chracters and crowd. And I must say it seems to work very well......WAY better than that TRASH that was SF X Tekken. So I am actually super excited for Tekken X SF and have high hopes for it. I feel it will be a freaking amazing game.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
The Fury said:

^ Now that's a challenge. Good work.

Due to the update last night I was able to get the Platinum. Went into 1 Ranked Match, won it, Plat achieved. Then went back into tournaments. Went into 3, didn't finish any because it either one of the matches timed out or the host left. :P

The hosting should migrate to another player when a host leaves.  I've had someone wait until the final match before deciding to leave.  Honestly, I can't touch this game on PS4.  The load times are horrible.  Only if I'm specifically asked to play it on PS4, will I.  But, I haven't gotten everything on PC either, despite steam reading 67 hours.

Kyuu said:
Isn't there a chance of a tag system inclusion in a future DLC? I don't see them making TTT3 after the failure of TTT2.

Was TTT2 a failure?  No tag system is coming for Tekken 7.  Namco's goal was to make the game easier to get into.  Remember, you had to break grabs specific to which arm was grabbing you in previous games, along with the window being tighter.  Now, you can just break grabs by mashing.  You also didn't have invincibility frames on wake up from a back roll.  In fact backrolling in previous tekken games was the worst way to get up, yet everyone who didn't understand did it, getting hit by another combo from the roll state, and falling into an endless cycle, because beginners don't learn from mistakes and just mash buttons anyway.  That's why rolling back has been removed, and an autoroll after a downed kick.

The overall system for Tekken 7 got nerfed too hard.  But a tag feature was considered, not added.  It's enough trouble using one character for most people, and introducing two means you have to balance the game 3 times.  One for singles, doubles, and uneven match-ups.

TTT is the only way to see characters who are dead to make a return.  Jinpachi is not coming back to a numbered Tekken game.  Kunimitsu and Jun probably aren't either.  Nor are all of those Tekken 2 characters aside from Lei coming back.  No more beak, bruce, michelle, ganryu, or wang.  They will simply make sure that no tekken game is ever as difficult as TTT2.  TTT3 will be simplified.

Online seem better now, mainly playing tournaments. Takes a while sometimes but I enjoy it. Only won a couple, a few I was going to win the host left. :P

Had one win Saturday where the winner had a right cry after. They were playing Asuka and there are 2 types of Asuka online, those that play well, try air combos and play tekken and those that use the reversal. In this match, they'd do a combo and then instantly go into reversal, me playing tekken would counter after I block everything and get caught... after the first few times, I just started hitter them low instead. They had a problem with this and called me a low spammer.... from Asuka who spammed reversal. Classic.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Online seem better now, mainly playing tournaments. Takes a while sometimes but I enjoy it. Only won a couple, a few I was going to win the host left. :P

Had one win Saturday where the winner had a right cry after. They were playing Asuka and there are 2 types of Asuka online, those that play well, try air combos and play tekken and those that use the reversal. In this match, they'd do a combo and then instantly go into reversal, me playing tekken would counter after I block everything and get caught... after the first few times, I just started hitter them low instead. They had a problem with this and called me a low spammer.... from Asuka who spammed reversal. Classic.

tekken isn't just about combos.  Sure, they're good for getting damage, but if all you do is try to combo all the time, you're leaving a lot of damage on the table.  And, Asuka's counter is only good for single limbs that are high/mid.  I'd make sure to shoulder them specifically when they try that, so they know.  If you try that counter, you're telling me you want me to shoulder you.  

... anyway.. I reached brawler offline, so i figured I'd level up online...  got brawler online too...  It's getting harder to find matches out of blue ranks...  Everyone's running scared now...

Around the Network
Burning Typhoon said:

tekken isn't just about combos.  Sure, they're good for getting damage, but if all you do is try to combo all the time, you're leaving a lot of damage on the table.  And, Asuka's counter is only good for single limbs that are high/mid.  I'd make sure to shoulder them specifically when they try that, so they know.  If you try that counter, you're telling me you want me to shoulder you.  

... anyway.. I reached brawler offline, so i figured I'd level up online...  got brawler online too...  It's getting harder to find matches out of blue ranks...  Everyone's running scared now...

I'm more a punisher/counter person, with a few 'tricky' small combos thrown in. Never been a juggler. I just hate the Asuka reversal because, well, it's bull crap. It lasts too long, too easy to pull off and she just stands there like a loon, so I low kick instead. Plus Lee has very few elbows/shoulders/headbutts etc.

Not played many ranked matches yet, will get into it more later, at the moment I'm trying more characters in Tournaments, and see if any characters have evolved since 6. Going to give Steve Fox a new try.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:

I'm more a punisher/counter person, with a few 'tricky' small combos thrown in. Never been a juggler. I just hate the Asuka reversal because, well, it's bull crap. It lasts too long, too easy to pull off and she just stands there like a loon, so I low kick instead. Plus Lee has very few elbows/shoulders/headbutts etc.

Not played many ranked matches yet, will get into it more later, at the moment I'm trying more characters in Tournaments, and see if any characters have evolved since 6. Going to give Steve Fox a new try.

They have all changed since Tekken 6.  Every character got new moves in TTT2, and even more for Tekken 7.  Some characters have lost moves, or had them replaced with something else, or even had commands changed.  If Tekken 6 was your last game, then I'm telling you, yes characters have changed.. Twice since Tekken 6.  Some characters like Bob, and Lars, have been nerfed.  Others, like Leo, and Lili, have been buffed.

Burning Typhoon said:

They have all changed since Tekken 6.  Every character got new moves in TTT2, and even more for Tekken 7.  Some characters have lost moves, or had them replaced with something else, or even had commands changed.  If Tekken 6 was your last game, then I'm telling you, yes characters have changed.. Twice since Tekken 6.  Some characters like Bob, and Lars, have been nerfed.  Others, like Leo, and Lili, have been buffed.

No, I love Tekken so got Tag 2. I notice changes, in this there is a small change many might not even care about but with Lee there is a string of moves that in T6 and tag 2 fit well together. 1, 2, 4 means you are 'low' at the time so when he stands up press 3,3 for his from crouch kicks. Nice little set however in this, it no longer works, I presume due to how the game and engine have changed, after the 1,2,4 combo, he's not classed as 'crouched' anymore.

Lars is still twitchy as ever (hard to predict), but not played him much or against him either, seems to have lost favour since 6, don't like Bob. May give Lili another go. Really liking Dragonov.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:

No, I love Tekken so got Tag 2. I notice changes, in this there is a small change many might not even care about but with Lee there is a string of moves that in T6 and tag 2 fit well together. 1, 2, 4 means you are 'low' at the time so when he stands up press 3,3 for his from crouch kicks. Nice little set however in this, it no longer works, I presume due to how the game and engine have changed, after the 1,2,4 combo, he's not classed as 'crouched' anymore.

Lars is still twitchy as ever (hard to predict), but not played him much or against him either, seems to have lost favour since 6, don't like Bob. May give Lili another go. Really liking Dragonov.

I don't use Bob or Lars.  I hate both characters.  Glad they were nerfed.  I intended to learn new characters, and drop a couple, but in the end, there's no reason for me to drop characters I already know how to use.  And, I hate all the new characters.  I learned law the first day the game came out, despite never using him before, so I'm picking him up too.

Anyway, any string that doesn't work, it has nothing to do with the engine.  It's because the character got re-worked.  There's no system limitation on combos and move links when that's the whole game anyway.  Why choose an engine that can't run the game properly?  How can't unreal 4 run a tekken game is eve more questionable.  But, it does and it can.

Sooooooo freaking happy that the online is running better now. I think I will really get into online ranked matches now, I think I should be able to get to at least brawler fairly quickly with Paul, Bryan, Law and Miguel....MAYBE Dargunov he still needs work though.

I have only lost 1 player match since the online has been updated. Won 1 tournament and lost another because the hose let someone with a 1 bar lag the entire lobby and that person ended up winning smh.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23