By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official Thread: Tekken 7 [Fated Retribution] Geese is on the way!

Is anyone else disappointed in this game? Random Team Battle is how we have always rolled when playing local (at least since it was introduced), the lack of that mode or it being behind a paywall at a later date sucks.

The main story mode ... kind of blah in my opinion and the English voice acting out of the reporter was fucking terrible, almost made me want to skip all his parts.

A 5 round arcade mode .... really? My first play-through I thought the game glitched. Is it 5 rounds in the arcade? If so what a waste of a credit.

The fighting seems to be as good as always but I can see how the developers would be worried about a lack of content. That said I never really cared for customizing my characters so I haven't seen how deep that goes in this one.

Perhaps I was just looking forward to this one too much and seeing the roster cut down so much from Tag2 ... I have mixed feelings on that. On one hand many of Tag2's characters were basically just skins of another character with a few moves changed up but on the other hand I still liked to see their ending movies.

I think the review scores it got were justified after spending 5 hours with it and having seen almost all the ending movies and with story mode out of the way.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
I really don't like the exclusion of Kunimitsu and Armor King...

Armor King is a clone character, and they've taken out clones from Tekken 7... apart from bears, for whatever reason.  Kunimitsu is not very popular.

TheBlackNaruto said:

I honestly feel it is lacking. Maybe I just need to unlock more stuff in treasure and tournament battles but for me they are lacking. Though I must say I have found some pretty nice things for my current main 3 of Paul, Bryan and Law.

I remember in T6 I made a costume for Bryan, all dressed in back with the night vision visors on plus black face paint, looked awesome. Especially as the red on the visors had a movement effect. Don't think you can do such a thing here. Plus the hair stuff is real lacking, where are the long pony tails or doing only one side of a parting?

I hope they really do add more. And not in the season pass.

Hmm, pie.

The_Yoda said:
Is anyone else disappointed in this game? Random Team Battle is how we have always rolled when playing local (at least since it was introduced), the lack of that mode or it being behind a paywall at a later date sucks.

The main story mode ... kind of blah in my opinion and the English voice acting out of the reporter was fucking terrible, almost made me want to skip all his parts.

A 5 round arcade mode .... really? My first play-through I thought the game glitched. Is it 5 rounds in the arcade? If so what a waste of a credit.

The fighting seems to be as good as always but I can see how the developers would be worried about a lack of content. That said I never really cared for customizing my characters so I haven't seen how deep that goes in this one.

Perhaps I was just looking forward to this one too much and seeing the roster cut down so much from Tag2 ... I have mixed feelings on that. On one hand many of Tag2's characters were basically just skins of another character with a few moves changed up but on the other hand I still liked to see their ending movies.

I think the review scores it got were justified after spending 5 hours with it and having seen almost all the ending movies and with story mode out of the way.

I am only disappointed in the online since that is the biggest thing for me next to local play. The online issues need to be fixed and need to eb fixed asap. While Team Battle was fun it was not a deal breaker for me. I haven't even touched arcade or story mode yet lol! I have been in practice and treasure battles so far. And VERY few online matches. But you seem to be keen of the story mode so I can I understand your concerns.

Customizing chracters on this game ssucks in comparission to TTT2 to even Tekken 6. I am hopinh they add more to it FOR FREE later on down the line because it is lacking for sure.

Now the roster I am like wow there are A LOT of characters for it to be a main entry and not a Tag game. Tag always has more characters so you can't really compare the roster to tag. And they are adding even more chracters from what I have heard. In this fight group I am in on Facebook a group of PC moodders found 13 character codes currently in Tekken 7 and when looking into the codes said they figured out who some of them were(Jun Kazama, Ganryu, Ogre, Devil Kazumi, Kunimitsu, Lei, Bruce, Marduk, Angel and Michelle.I am hoping that is true and there is a rumor that Tekken Bowl will be included in the first DLC!

The Fury said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

I honestly feel it is lacking. Maybe I just need to unlock more stuff in treasure and tournament battles but for me they are lacking. Though I must say I have found some pretty nice things for my current main 3 of Paul, Bryan and Law.

I remember in T6 I made a costume for Bryan, all dressed in back with the night vision visors on plus black face paint, looked awesome. Especially as the red on the visors had a movement effect. Don't think you can do such a thing here. Plus the hair stuff is real lacking, where are the long pony tails or doing only one side of a parting?

I hope they really do add more. And not in the season pass.

Yeah in Tekken 6 it was great and even TTT2 was better than this....I am with you they need to add more and do it FOR FREE.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
The_Yoda said:

I am only disappointed in the online since that is the biggest thing for me next to local play. The online issues need to be fixed and need to eb fixed asap. While Team Battle was fun it was not a deal breaker for me. I haven't even touched arcade or story mode yet lol! I have been in practice and treasure battles so far. And VERY few online matches. But you seem to be keen of the story mode so I can I understand your concerns.

Customizing chracters on this game ssucks in comparission to TTT2 to even Tekken 6. I am hopinh they add more to it FOR FREE later on down the line because it is lacking for sure.

Now the roster I am like wow there are A LOT of characters for it to be a main entry and not a Tag game. Tag always has more characters so you can't really compare the roster to tag. And they are adding even more chracters from what I have heard. In this fight group I am in on Facebook a group of PC moodders found 13 character codes currently in Tekken 7 and when looking into the codes said they figured out who some of them were(Jun Kazama, Ganryu, Ogre, Devil Kazumi, Kunimitsu, Lei, Bruce, Marduk, Angel and Michelle.I am hoping that is true and there is a rumor that Tekken Bowl will be included in the first DLC!

I don't think he was popular but I'd welcome Marduk, i loved grabbing characters out of the air. I hope the rumor is true.

Local play is where it is at for me and always has been with this franchise.

Around the Network
The_Yoda said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

I don't think he was popular but I'd welcome Marduk, i loved grabbing characters out of the air. I hope the rumor is true.

Local play is where it is at for me and always has been with this franchise.

Yeah Local play is by far the best when me and my friends get together to play. But when we can't online definitely is more convenient and useful.

I would welcome a few of those chracters back but I want freakign Baek lol! So yeah I hope the rumors are true as well.

Decided to learn the keyboard:

^ Now that's a challenge. Good work.

Due to the update last night I was able to get the Platinum. Went into 1 Ranked Match, won it, Plat achieved. Then went back into tournaments. Went into 3, didn't finish any because it either one of the matches timed out or the host left. :P

Hmm, pie.

Kyuu said:
Isn't there a chance of a tag system inclusion in a future DLC? I don't see them making TTT3 after the failure of TTT2.

We have 8 and 9 before Tag 3 (because you know, patterns) plus notice how Eliza and Akuma have SF like controls? I predict the announcement of Tekken X Street Fighter very soon. That will have Tag elements and be so much better than SFxTekken could dream.

Hmm, pie.

Burning Typhoon said:

Decided to learn the keyboard:

Now THAT took time and skill. I applaud you for that!