By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Name up to 3 Games that you enjoyed but Most People Hated!

FragileSurface said:
The Last Remnant

^ this. Was going to mention this one before you did.

Also Super Mario Sunshine.

Around the Network

No Man's Sky (started after patch 1.20)
Zone of the Enders
Dirge of Cerberus

Cubedramirez said:
Freedom Fighters (GCN)
Elite Beat Agents (NDS)
Viewtiful Joe (GCN)

Those games weren't hated, but sure there weren't a commercial success. I loved Elite Beat Agent but I preferred the japanese version : Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!

1 2 Switch, Beyond Two Souls (though I only love it because I laughed my whole way through it with friends) and Akiba's Trip Undead and Undressed (I know critics didn't really like that one, not sure about users tho) are the first that come to my mind.

Bonus answer: I also really really like Counterspy, I normally hate stealth games, but this was simple yet entertaining enough to hold my attention for 3 playthroughs. EDIT: I also didn't know the story behind Duke Nukem Forever when it came out (not to mention I also wasn't very mature, so my humour fit perfectly for this game) so my young self loved the game.

Yomieeee said:
Resident Evil: Outbreak (1+2)

Whoaa who hated that?!?!? I think this is the best time for Capcom to do a remaster of that game!  Online MP back then was too early for home consoles.

OT:
1. Resident Evil 6
2. Final Fantasy 8
3. The Order: 1886

Zelda Skyward Sword - Get a lot more hate than it deserves and a lot of the complaints about it are incredibly overblown.
Tales of Graces f - Gets a lot of hate for its story, though the combat is glorious, even the haters recognize that.
Kingdom Hearts 3D - Hated among the KH fanbase, I can't believe some say it's worse than Re Coded, Days or Chain of Memories.

There are other games that I like that are disliked but none of them gets as much hate as the ones I mentioned above.

Around the Network

Nothing.

But there are a few games I hated, while most people enjoyed it.

Knack, KillZone: Shadowfall and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

mZuzek said:

but in terms of sheer hate it's definitely the most hated game in the series.

I thought that would be Spirit Tracks.

Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Metroid: Other M (just kidding, I hate it too!)

Zelda II: The Adventures of Link

Signature goes here!

mZuzek said:
StarOcean said:
The hell are people saying that most people hate SS? XD People thought it was sucky, like I did. But hate? Very few people "hate" that game. Oi. you people are just using Skyward Sword so you can have your one 'cool' game quota filled. Wanna talk about legitimately hated Zelda games? Zelda II, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks. Hell, even fucking Wind Waker was more 'hated' than SS. Fuck off with this "no one liked SS" narrative. I'm saying this as someone who dislikes it. Picking SS as the most hated is like picking chocolate as the most hated ice cream flavor because its not as popular as vanilla

No.

Skyward Sword is very clearly the Zelda that receives most hate nowadays. Everytime I see anyone talking about bad Zelda games, it's the first one people mention, or it's always the one people talk about when they're like "Zelda is great, except that one". Wind Waker maybe got more hate in 2002, but nowadays is a mostly beloved game in the series, and Zelda 2 I feel people just don't care about.

I guess there's also plenty of people who love Skyward Sword, so there is a counterbalance, but in terms of sheer hate it's definitely the most hated game in the series.

It is not.