By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump fires FBI Director James Comey

vivster said:
For once he's not firing someone that he employed himself.

Like Bret Michaels!

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
I thought police officers took civil tests in the USA, like here in Brazil. Here a president can not fire a federal policeman, it has to be done via a due process, very lenght, with right to appeals and everything.

Well according to people here (yet to fact check) the President can fire someone like Comey. HOWEVER, in doing so, he's created a shit storm he may be unable to take cover from. If he was smart, he would've replaced Comey immediately. Instead he waited... waited until the investigation was underway. Now this wouldn't be AS bad (still be bad) as it is if it wasn't for him meeting the Russians the day after and that Trump hired a law firm to say he has no Russian ties.

Now, I do think Trump is guilty of Russian ties. But I also believe all of the above were bad timing for Trump. Had Comey been fired and replaced in Jan, the law firm hired a month ago or so, and the Russian trip happen as it were now -I doubt many would be connecting dots where they may not exist. But doing all 3 within a few days looks really, really bad

StarOcean said:
WagnerPaiva said:
I thought police officers took civil tests in the USA, like here in Brazil. Here a president can not fire a federal policeman, it has to be done via a due process, very lenght, with right to appeals and everything.

Well according to people here (yet to fact check) the President can fire someone like Comey. HOWEVER, in doing so, he's created a shit storm he may be unable to take cover from. If he was smart, he would've replaced Comey immediately. Instead he waited... waited until the investigation was underway. Now this wouldn't be AS bad (still be bad) as it is if it wasn't for him meeting the Russians the day after and that Trump hired a law firm to say he has no Russian ties.

Now, I do think Trump is guilty of Russian ties. But I also believe all of the above were bad timing for Trump. Had Comey been fired and replaced in Jan, the law firm hired a month ago or so, and the Russian trip happen as it were now -I doubt many would be connecting dots where they may not exist. But doing all 3 within a few days looks really, really bad

Hum, maybe he is still a fed, but just not the chief. I hope.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
StarOcean said:

Hum, maybe he is still a fed, but just not the chief. I hope.

Also, on a lighter note. Spicer seems to be losing his mind: 

"After Spicer spent several minutes hidden in the bushes behind these sets, Janet Montesi, an executive assistant in the press office, emerged and told reporters that Spicer would answer some questions, as long as he was not filmed doing so. Spicer then emerged.

“Just turn the lights off. Turn the lights off,” he ordered. “We'll take care of this. ... Can you just turn that light off?”

Spicer got his wish and was soon standing in near darkness between two tall hedges, with more than a dozen reporters closely gathered around him."

Just sweep it up under the carpet. There is nothing to see here. Teflon Trump is doing very well covering up the skeletons in his closet.

Around the Network

Remember when people tried to impeach Clinton for lying just once? Good times.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Hiku said:

If they WANT people to suspect that they're afraid of what the investigation can turn up, they couldn't have done a better job.
And that's not even getting into Rex Tillerson's (Trump's head of state) multi trillion dollar deal between Exxon and Russia, that is halted by the sanctions Obama placed on Russia, and Tillerson wants to lift.

This is looking like Nixon 2.0. Except Nixon was less obvious.

No no no, you're getting it all wrong. Don't you see this is all being done to protect the taxpayers' money so it's not wasted on fruitless investigations? You know, sort of like recounting the votes in some states after the election? Trump KNOWS he's not guilty so he doesn't need to be investigated. Don't you see he's the good guy here? /jk

If I was Trump and I had nothing to hide, I sure would like the investigation to finish to clear my reputation.

Terrible timing.

It would've been fine if he did that immediately after he took office. But coincidentally now, over 100 days later, when he's under investigation? Suspicious doesn't even describe it.

Bandorr said:
Can't really fathom why the law allows someone to fire someone that is investigating them..

It feels like Trump does thing just to get in the headlines. Well that and his rampant hatred of all things Obama.

Trump does not hate Obama, his base does.  It's very easy to use Obama as a scapegoat for anything he does wrong because his base will always eat it up.  If its not Obama its Hillary.  It really does not matter to Trump as they are just tools to use when people question what he does, when he makes mistakes or when he is shone not knowing what the heck he is doing.