By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 2017 winners and losers predictions

Who do you think will take the E3 best of this year? Who has the potential to be the best this year? The Worst? 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

Loser: Microsoft

I simply don't see Microsoft achieving enough to make people be amazed. Sure, the hardware may be good, but the software side will continue to disappoint. If the hardware isn't good, then god save them.

Winner: Us, the gaming community.
Loser: Microsoft and my wallet.
Most unexpected announcement: Suikoden 6 for PS4.

Nintendo is going to win with Diddy Kong Racing Returns

While Sony's been nailing their conferences lately, I'm not expecting the same levels as last E3 or PSX (not much left to announce). Nintendo's Direct could be great with all the stuff for next year they've been holding back. Microsoft is a wild card; they could rely on Scorpio alone while all but abandoning first party software or have some big guns of their own held back. Most of the third party publishers will probably have similar presentation to the past. Hopefully a nice surprise here or there and I'm absolutely starved for some Cyberpunk 2077 in-game footage.

Right now I'm giving the best odds to Nintendo if their Direct counts, worst to Microsoft unless Konami makes any significant showing. 

Around the Network

This year will certainly be interesting for sure, it certainly has the potential to go either way for each company each year. Overall I think neither of the big 3 will have a necessarily bad E3 this year, some will be better than others but all will potentially be winners.

But I'm gonna say:

1. Nintendo
2. Sony
3. Microsoft

It's the first E3 for Nintendo's newest console so that gives them a brand new blank slate of IPs to bring to the console. Nintendo will win with what they're best at; the most and most notable 1st party game announcements.

Winner: Between Sony and Nintendo. Sony usually have a good showing. Nintendo seem to have a winner with the Switch, but they need to show us they are confident.

Loser: EA. Don't care for BF, Star Wars or sports games.

Think Nintendo will win because Switch just launched. And either Sony or MS will lose.

winners: gamers

losers: wallets

Sony and Nintendo are going to battle it out. I think Microsoft will ultimately be the loser due to the focus on scorpio alone. Sure it's powerful but it needs to bring the games. I'd like to have faith in Phil and I do to some extent but I don't think Xbox is up to the task for this E3. I hope to be proven wrong though as a success for them is a success for the entire industry.

I'm sure Sony is gonna bring out its heavy artillery, FFVII Remake, Crash Trilogy, ...Knack 2...Death Stranding, Detroit, GOW IV,etc. etc. in addition to the multiplats.

Nintendo, I'm sure they're gonna have some wild cards here and there but Arms, Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and some surprises should sprinkle their presentation. Aonuma did say he'd like to work on a new project so maybe we'll see something from that. In addition to the few multiplats it will receive.

I think Nintendo has the best chance to shine because you know...new platform and all. And the first real 3D Mario in a little under a decade. One thing is for certain, this E3 will be one for the history books I think.