By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Polygon: The Nintendo Switch has become the system people love to love

Areym said:
"I have yet to hear many players complain that the Switch is underpowered. I have heard an overwhelming number say how cool it is to take Mario Kart on the literal road"

...Couldn't you do that on the 3DS already?

You could since the GBA.

Around the Network

Finally got my copy of MK8D today and I finally started playing on the Dock, as I expected I enjoy Mario Kart more on the big screen than in handheld mode as opposed to Zelda which I played for 99.9% of the time in Handheld mode

Areym said:
"I have yet to hear many players complain that the Switch is underpowered. I have heard an overwhelming number say how cool it is to take Mario Kart on the literal road"

Basically at beginning of text:

"You could have something like that experience before — it’s not like Mario Kart 7 wasn’t a thing that existed on the 3DS — but this isn’t a portable version of Mario Kart that’s struggling to look like the real thing. This is the flagship Mario Kart of 2017, with all the bells, whistles and curse words you would expect from the real thing. And you can play it wherever you want."

RolStoppable said:
What a moronic conclusion. Just because the Switch hardware is good doesn't mean that the games are not selling the hardware.

Actually he talk about point how much is satisfied and interesting is to play games on Switch.

Areym said:

The difference is Nintendo handhelds have always been a generation or so behind home console tech.   I love the GB/GBA/DS/3DS line, but the Switch represent easily the biggest jump from one system to the next.  For example, I could play Smash on 3DS, but after playing it on Wii U it was a real step down. I'd absolutely buy a Smash Deluxe on the Switch.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Areym said:

You could since the GBA.

Yeah I think that the point is, this is the first time a handheld Mario Kart hasn't felt like a compromise over the full blown console versions.

Sure you could play Mario Kart on the go since the GBA, but the game was never on par with the flagship Home Console editions of Mario Kart.

There is a 'slight' difference that makes Mario Kart 8 Deluxe stand out from the rest of the previous handheld Mario Kart games, and that's that you're not getting water down experience from what the Home Console versions offer.

Miyamotoo said:
Areym said:

Basically at beginning of text:

"You could have something like that experience before — it’s not like Mario Kart 7 wasn’t a thing that existed on the 3DS — but this isn’t a portable version of Mario Kart that’s struggling to look like the real thing. This is the flagship Mario Kart of 2017, with all the bells, whistles and curse words you would expect from the real thing. And you can play it wherever you want."

Ah, I kinda went to the middle of the article, it just seemed to circle-jerky to read through but I suppose his point is valid with that statement prefacing it.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I read this article when it came out, too. Love the positivity of it! Switch is great so far!

That's a lot of words to say "I like the Switch".

A nice read, definitely will get one eventually, though it's just the price that is mainly holding me back

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]