By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would Sunset Overdrive be on PS4 if it didn't have inFamous Second Son?

Which is betta

sunset overdrive 31 36.05%

infamous 55 63.95%

Total:86
Mr Puggsly said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Yes, maybe it is great, I have weird taste I guess.

Its a game for people with weird taste.

Maybe the game isn't for you, but even fans agree it starts slow.

Why are you quoted? I don't know. Can I delete it?  Oh well. I'll just say that I initially despised Sunset Overdrive and actively stated that on this site. Then, one day it took over my life.

Azzanation said:
A lot of gamers on here saying Infamous Second Son is a better game. Its fair to have an opinion.

Let me just put this here

Metacritic

Infamous Second Son - (80)
Sunset Overdrive - (81)

Both Games seem to be sitting on similar scores slightly favouring SSO. Those saying its better.. well not review wise.

Sony wanted to own the IP and MS didn't which is why the game came out on XB1. The sequel can go anywhere unless MS purchase the rights for the 2nd one.

Yeah. I was going to debate it but then said, what's the point? In my opinion, as an early buyer of inFamous SS, it was a pretty but totally unfun game. I couldn't even finish it. After getting a PS4 Pro, I tried it again but it just isn't for me. Even some of the PlayStation fans on this site were quick to say it was the worst of the inFamous games.

To each, his own. 

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
A lot of gamers on here saying Infamous Second Son is a better game. Its fair to have an opinion.

Metacritic

Sunset Overdrive - (81)

Both Games seem to be sitting on similar scores slightly favouring SSO. Those saying its better.. well not review wise.

Sony wanted to own the IP and MS didn't which is why the game came out on XB1. The sequel can go anywhere unless MS purchase the rights for the 2nd one.

wow a difference by one point? can't believe that we have gamers on this site who believe that infamous is a better game for Them, how is that even possible :/

Sprash said:
Azzanation said:

Metacritic

Sunset Overdrive - (81)

wow a difference by one point? can't believe that we have gamers on this site who believe that infamous is a better game for Them, how is that even possible :/

By critic reviews SSO is a slightly better game on average. Ill take Metacritic scores more seriously than a bunch of random internet users who probably only have 1 console. 

A good friend of mine told me SO was just ok, he enjoyed SS much better. That delayed my Xbox One purchase as I wanted one for SO and Forza Horizon. I still haven't gotten around to buying one yet, still no must have second game :/

I would have bought it on ps4 though, but don't see it justifying buying another console for. Since Insomniac owns the IP, can't they do a PSVR remake or spin off?

SvennoJ said:
A good friend of mine told me SO was just ok, he enjoyed SS much better. That delayed my Xbox One purchase as I wanted one for SO and Forza Horizon. I still haven't gotten around to buying one yet, still no must have second game :/

I would have bought it on ps4 though, but don't see it justifying buying another console for. Since Insomniac owns the IP, can't they do a PSVR remake or spin off?

I.S.S. is light years better, in my opinion. 

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Sprash said:

By critic reviews SSO is a slightly better game on average. Ill take Metacritic scores more seriously than a bunch of random internet users who probably only have 1 console. 

Holding metacritic up as the definitive source of game reviews and aggregate scores is fine, but to argue it's accuracy when it comes down to a single point, and use that as a barometer to gauge that one title was definitvely more well revieved that another, and hold that figure as gospel, is utterly ridiculous.

One point or even a few points on metacritic means very, very little, when you have titles with varying numbers of reviews, from different sources, with both subjective percentages applied to reviews and subjective weighing applied to reviewers. The whole idea is about putting a numerical figure on the general reaction of the media to the media. By all means it's useful as a guide, but when it comes down to a single point in an imperfect and inexact system?

Please.

darkenergy said:
Insomniac wanted to keep IP but Sony wanted to own it so they went to MS and they let them keep the IP. Nothing else needs to be said.

This. Nothing else needs to be said.

Azzanation said:

Metacritic

Sunset Overdrive - (81)

Microsoft needs ips. They probably asked and insomniac refused. As long as they could fill their lineup they would take what they could get. Beggars can't be choosers. Sadly they most likely find another one since it wasn't profitable. If they would've added it to their game anywhere program, we could've seen higher sales, but I guess back then they were still working out he kinks.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Azzanation said:

Metacritic

Sunset Overdrive - (81)

Microsoft needs ips. They probably asked and insomniac refused. As long as they could fill their lineup they would take what they could get. Beggars can't be choosers. Sadly they most likely find another one since it wasn't profitable. If they would've added it to their game anywhere program, we could've seen higher sales, but I guess back then they were still working out he kinks.

I kinda doubt they even tried to acquire the IP because if that was an option it would have been on Playstation.

You make it sound like there are a finite number of potential IPs floating around. There are always projects looking for funding and no company can fund them all. And sometimes they pick projects that turn out underwhelming, even the amazing Sony has had a few letdowns either critically or saleswise.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Sunset overdrive is a much better game than infamous 2nd son for me and my friends.
It's not on ps4 simply because sony wants to own every ip that is exclusive to its platform. AND Microsoft doesn't ask that

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1