By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Am I the only one that realizes Project Scorpio is the Cloud?

Tagged games:

Your take?

Agree 18 13.85%

Didn't realize it 5 3.85%

Disagree 23 17.69%

Shut up 15 11.54%

Fanboy 10 7.69%

Don't care, will get it 10 7.69%

Don't care, won't get 26 20.00%

Switch is stronger 10 7.69%

PS4 Pro sucks, tho 11 8.46%

Go LoD 2 1.54%

Total:130
Bristow9091 said:
What ever happened to the cloud? Are Microsoft still talking about it? And what happened to Crackdown too? o.O

I think Scorpio is the answer here. They realized cloud computing for gaming is a stupid idea and that it's way better to just put actual hardware into your console.

At this point I'm wondering if Crackdown might be Scorpio exclusive. Not because of the cloud but because it would just run terribly on the OG.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

Back in the day, TEH CLOUD power boost XBO and its games would get were all the talk around MS new device, as we know it turned out to never happen as expected, but not only it didn't happen, they are now actually selling it as another piece of hardware, with very likely a premium price, to deliver what they told the Cloud would do to the XBO just by connecting into the internet.
Even the power boost matches, the Cloud was once told to make the XBO around or more than 4x more powerful than it is, and the Scorpio specs are just around that.

I fail to see how any XBO owner can be happy about Scorpio existence, actually the opposite should be the case, it may be a new entry point for newcomers, but it's definitely a scam towards people that fell for that talk, and now will have to buy another costly device which is the complete opposite to what the Cloud promisse once was, it's actually so ironical it's not even just sad, honestly.

Opinions?

From my understanding cloud was basically just CPU power, consoles alone (Scropio included) can't handle the physics shown in Crackdown 3. The Scorpio is primarily a huge GPU boost, that's how it will achieve 4K and other visual improvments.

My opinion? Your argument is completely invalid.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Bristow9091 said:
What ever happened to the cloud? Are Microsoft still talking about it? And what happened to Crackdown too? o.O

At this E3 MS's focus is going to be Scorpio, I believe it will treated as a reboot for X1.

Therefore its gonna need content to push this reboot, that's what happened to Crackdown.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

vivster said:
Bristow9091 said:

I think Scorpio is the answer here. They realized cloud computing for gaming is a stupid idea and that it's way better to just put actual hardware into your console.

At this point I'm wondering if Crackdown might be Scorpio exclusive. Not because of the cloud but because it would just run terribly on the OG.

It should run fine on X1, its the lead platform. This isn't the first open world game on the console.

I'm guessing it will be 900p on X1 and 4K on Scropio.

Recently Completed

I pointed out that The Cloud was meant to make the XBO 4 times more powerful than it actually is, and the Scorpio is an XBO that is a little over 4 times more powerful than an XBO.

I got GRIEF.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
vivster said:

It should run fine on X1, its the lead platform. This isn't the first open world game on the console.

Resolution or open world isn't the issue here. The main feature is detailed destruction and for that you need a CPU, a thing that doesn't exist in the OG.

If it's released for the OG then it will certainly lack the highly advertised destruction feature.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Resolution or open world isn't the issue here. The main feature is detailed destruction and for that you need a CPU, a thing that doesn't exist in the OG.

If it's released for the OG then it will certainly lack the highly advertised destruction feature.

The high end destruction is only in the multiplayer mode and that uses the cloud. Even the Scropio lacks the CPU power to do that.

This is old news I'm giving you by the way.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
vivster said:

The high end destruction is only in the multiplayer mode and that uses the cloud. Even the Scropio lacks the CPU power to do that.

This is old news I'm giving you by the way.

Well Scorpio could be capable to something  similar to the detail but if the current rumors are true they opted for CPU potato again. I still think the whole cloud computing won't amount to much and will end as a side note in a mediocre game while it's being sold as the main attraction.

We'll see but I don't see the cloud in gaming in the near future.

VGPolyglot said:
Conina said:

Fingernails, toe nails and hair also are organic cells and it doesn't hurt when you cut them off.

I thought that they were dead cells, though?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerve

Nerves transmit the signals to your brain which translates it into pain. If those are damaged in a way they do not function anymore you feel no pain. For example, if you getting burned you feel pain until your nerves are burned away. After that you feel nothing anymore while still being consciousness. 

On topic:

Weren't they proudly presenting how many servers they have for the xbox one during it's reveal?

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Wait till Sony unleashes the TRUE power of the PS3 CELL

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.